I had a Rib Cartilage Rhinoplasty 3 days ago. How long will it take to determine if warping will occur. (photos)

I had rhinoplasty from a really great and skilled doctor in NYC. But im wondering at what point can I tell if i was one of the unfortunate surgeries that exhibited wrapping, thats common from Rib Cartlidge revision rhinopalsty. AND Is there anything I can do now, while the cast is still on and after the cast is off, the prevent warping? and for how long? Please give as much detail as possible, i dont want to redo this surgery and I cant find much info about this online Thanks.

Rib cartilage warping in revision rhinoplasty

this is a complex questions to answer. If you needed rib cartilage this was likely a complex surgery necessitating significantly advanced techniques.  Warping can be unpredictable. It can occur early within the first three weeks but may also show itself in 6-9 months potentially. There is no treatment that will definitely prevent this but ask your surgeon. In addition, even if your nosebleed twists to becomes irregular this may not Ben due to warping but rather unfavorable scarring.   Massaging may help as well a second wearing a splint longer, but ask your surgeon before you try these techniques before.   

Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

3 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with only 3 days after a rhinoplasty. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD