Can I use a supplement to cure gynecomastia?

They started show in up when I was like 14. I did found some pills that claim to cure gynecomastia, and I want to know If the product is effective and if I can use a supplement. I have 187 cm, 114 kg, 24 years old. Every morning I do exercises and I started a low carb diet. I really want to cure gynecomastia without surgery if is possible. Thank you

Pills for Gynecomastia

To my knowledge there are NO pills that have been tested and approved by the FDA which have any impact on improving gynecomastia.

Surgery is definitive treatment. For the best results seek the consultation of a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. They have a website listing all the certified plastic surgeons. Members of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery will all be board certified in plastic surgery and have demonstrated an interest and special skill in cosmetic plastic surgery as well.

Gynecomastia comes from the Greek meaning "gyne" meaning woman and "mastos" meaning breasts. It refers to abnormal development of large mammary glands in males. The diagnosis can be made by physical examination where relatively firm tissue (breast gland tissue) can be differentiated from relatively soft tissue (adipose tissue).
Breast prominence due to excessive adipose tissue is called pseudo-gynecomastia or lipomastia. The differentiation of true gynecomastia from adipose tissue is important because the surgical treatment may differ. Usually physical examination by a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon is sufficient to make the diagnosis and to determine the best course of treatment.
I have found that gynecomastia is often best treated with partial excision of the prominent glandular tissue as well as liposuction surgery of the peripheral chest area. Occasionally, if the prominence of the chest wall is caused by adipose tissue, then liposuction surgery alone may suffice.
I would strongly suggest that you make sure you are working with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon. You will find that this recommendation will be more important than any specific “miracle technology”, pill, or supplement that you will undoubtedly hear about.

Medical treatment for gynaecomastia

Hi robert,
Gynaecomastia occurs because of presence of both gland and fat. Though weight loss can decrease the size. Reshaping will require complete removal of the gland aka surgery. Please dont waste your time, money and hope on medicine. They do not help at all.
Best of luck

Pills don't help

Pills and medications have not been shown to reduce gynecomastia
Certain medications such as female hormones and side effects from other medications can for sure make gynecomastia worse.
Dr. Denkler

Pills for Gynecomastia

Hello  I am not aware of any pill that will reduce gynecomastia.  I would warn you against taking any such pill as it may be manufactured in dodgy conditions.  Also I wonder if they contain hormones, which have many unpredictable effects.  Much better for you to seek the advice of a board-certified plastic surgeon with an interst in male breast reduction.

John Q. Cook, MD

Gyencomastia and pills

There are no pills that I k now of that can reverse gynecomastia changes. The only treatment to remove the glandular or fatty tissue is surgery.

About Gynecomastia and the Treatment Options

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades.
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement.
Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.
There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.

Using a Supplement to Cure Gynecomastia?

Save your money, there are not any pills that will cure gynecomastia. If you have pseudo-gynecomastia, which is caused by fat alone (not extra breast tissue) then it is possible that by losing weight you can reduce your male breasts, however if you have true gynecomastia which is  a combination of fat and breast tissue, the only option is surgery. If you decide to have surgery, be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in gynecomastia! Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Gynecomastia

There unfortunately is no supplement that has been found to be effective in the reversal of gynecomastia. You sound to have a typical case of gynecomastia which would be classified as idiopathic.Surgery is the only effective treatment.

Curing Gynecomastia without Surgery

Gynecomastia (Man Breasts) can be caused by many factors but its most commonly without a known cause. If it is caused by a hormonslly reversible pathology it MAY be reversible with medical means.
There is no supplement on the market however which can effectively treat Gynecomastia. The only thing such supplements are effective in is reducing the size of your wallet. 

Peter Aldea MD
Memphis, TN