I had an open septorhinoplasty Tuesday around 3 and I am in so much pain.

I have been taking my pain meds and the relaxant medication as well as the antibiotics and I cannot stand the pain. Last night I slept for 2 hours and now I can't fall asleep once again. My nose is still dripping a lot so I am wearing the drip pad and it stings. Is there anything else I can do to relieve some pain? My throat is so dry and sore and it hurts to drink water bc my lips are so swollen.

Follow up with your surgeon

I would recommend following up immediately with your surgeon as your nose heals to ensure the best outcome.

Please call your surgeon's office immediately to discuss your discomfort. It is unusual to be in this much pain several days following surgery. Best.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Go see your surgeon!

This is not a question that should be answered on  Realself.  You need to call your surgeon right now.   Maybe you have splints in that could come out.   Maybe you need have an infection.   Maybe you need some oral steroids.  Don't listen to random strangers on the internet.   

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments at this point of your post op.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Postoperative pain after rhinoplasty

Please call your surgeon's office and schedule an appointment. Postoperative pain varies from patient to patient. You should be evaluated by your surgeon. Best wishes!

Thomas J. Walker, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon