I would like ostetomies to slim my wide nose bridge. Am I a good candidate?

I've always had a wide nose bridge and always wanted the defined lines on the sides of my bridge as mine are absent leaving a look of no definition and wideness. I love how this is achieved on Gwen Stefani. Although I appreciate I'm sure she's had a few rhinoplasties, (possibly?) Would osteotomies help me achieve the defined lines on bridge look for me? Thanks so much

I would like osteotomiess to slim my wide nose bridge. Am I a good candidate?

Osteotomies placed in the nasal bones accomplish narrowing them and straightening them as well when they are crooked. Once the dorsal hump has been shaved down, osteotomies are required to close the open roof created from the hump removal.  Rhinoplasty is a very difficult endeavor, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. For more information about osteotomies and many before-and-after examples of narrowing a wide nose, please see the link and the video below 

Osteotomies

Thanks for your question.  Based on your desires and photos, you may very well get good results from just the lateral osteotomies. Please see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for full evaluation. Good luck.

Paul E. Goco, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from osteotomies to narrow your nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

I would like osteotomies to slim my wide nose bridge. Am I a good candidate?

To achieve results similar to your goal, osteotomies can be used to narrow the upper portion of the nose, but the tip must be reduced as well to balance the result and your nose. This can all be done in closed fashion.

A complete Closed Rhyno

After seen you pic, you should benefit from a complete closed Rhynoplasty. Your brigde,  bones, tip should be modified from this technique.

regards

Dr Hernandez Pizzoglio

Alejandro Hernandez Pizzoglio, MD