I want a fat graft to my breasts but I don't have much body fat. What are my options? (Photos)

I would love to have a fat graft to my breasts but I don't have a lot of body fat and I'd be concerned about removing some as I worry about looking to thin (id like to be curvier) however I really want to do this. What are my options? Wohld I be able to have fat transferred from my mother while she has liposuction or is this a no no? What are, if any, my other options? I do have a curvy bottom for my body but would like to keep it as it saves me looking too thin. Can I remove a little? Thank you

Fat transfer

Fat transfer needs to come from you, and not your mother. If you don't have any donor fat available, then you are not a candidate. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your options.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to breasts

I usually recommend small fat transfers to the breast to avoid issues. An exam would be required to see if you have enough. In general, breast implants offer a more reliable result, especially in thin patients.

Unfortunately, fat cannot be transferred from someone else- it could cause a lethal tissue rejection.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.

Fat Transfer to the Breasts

Thank you for your question.  Despite your thin body structure, there is enough fat of the abdomen and flanks for fat transfer to the breasts.  The volume of fat that can be transferred to the breasts at one time is fairly conservative so you should expect a half cup to 1 cup size increase at most.  Having said that, I would strongly recommend against liposuction to the buttocks as a fat harvesting site.  This will lead to premature drooping of the buttocks.  Best wishes.

Fat transfer to breasts?

Even though fat transfer to the breasts is performed frequently, it is usually in a reconstructive setting in women with breast cancer.  There are no long term results on fat grafts for cosmetic use in women's breasts.  For someone without a lot of fat to transfer I would recommend breast implants.  The new implants are safe, natural feeling and would require only one procedure.  Fat grafting to the breasts may require up to 3 procedures to obtain the desired results.  Talk with a board certified plastic surgeon about your options, and no you cannot "borrow' your mom's fat (good idea though!).

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon