I want a fat graft to my breasts but I don't have much body fat. What are my options? (Photos)

I would love to have a fat graft to my breasts but I don't have a lot of body fat and I'd be concerned about removing some as I worry about looking to thin (id like to be curvier) however I really want to do this. What are my options? Wohld I be able to have fat transferred from my mother while she has liposuction or is this a no no? What are, if any, my other options? I do have a curvy bottom for my body but would like to keep it as it saves me looking too thin. Can I remove a little? Thank you

I want a fat graft to my breasts but I don't have much body fat. What are my options?

While you cannot get fat from your mother, thinner patients in the vast majority of cases have enough fat for transfer to the breasts.  The issue will be finding a plastic surgeon who can remove enough fat for transfer while leaving you smooth.

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. Although you are thin there is always fat to be found even if you may not be able to be the cup size you desire. In any case I would encourage you to find a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in these techniques. Please visit the attached video link below to see examples of this these techniques. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day! Dr Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Natural breast augmentation with fat grafting

I appreciate your question

I perform a natural breast augmentation with fat. This can be removed from any unwanted areas including the breast itself as part of my lipo-lift procedure. I perform the fat grafting in multiple planes including under the muscle to give the best, most natural enhancement. Fat grafting is a great solution for someone who wants to bring their breast size up a cup or so and use natural tissue vs an implant. However, it can also be combined with an implant or used as a secondary procedure to fill in areas that are flat or thin. It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms or breast feeding. It can be a little lump or hard at first but tends to soften over time.

Even thin patients can have enough fat but the augmentation may not be very large

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Fat transfer

Fat transfer needs to come from you, and not your mother. If you don't have any donor fat available, then you are not a candidate. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to breasts

I usually recommend small fat transfers to the breast to avoid issues. An exam would be required to see if you have enough. In general, breast implants offer a more reliable result, especially in thin patients.

Unfortunately, fat cannot be transferred from someone else- it could cause a lethal tissue rejection.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.

Fat Transfer to the Breasts

Thank you for your question.  Despite your thin body structure, there is enough fat of the abdomen and flanks for fat transfer to the breasts.  The volume of fat that can be transferred to the breasts at one time is fairly conservative so you should expect a half cup to 1 cup size increase at most.  Having said that, I would strongly recommend against liposuction to the buttocks as a fat harvesting site.  This will lead to premature drooping of the buttocks.  Best wishes.

Fat transfer to breasts?

Even though fat transfer to the breasts is performed frequently, it is usually in a reconstructive setting in women with breast cancer.  There are no long term results on fat grafts for cosmetic use in women's breasts.  For someone without a lot of fat to transfer I would recommend breast implants.  The new implants are safe, natural feeling and would require only one procedure.  Fat grafting to the breasts may require up to 3 procedures to obtain the desired results.  Talk with a board certified plastic surgeon about your options, and no you cannot "borrow' your mom's fat (good idea though!).

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon