I am a diabetic but my levels are controlled. Can I have lipo?

I take insulin Lantus in my abdomen and metformin can I still have a bbl and fat grafting to my breast

Brazillian butt lift procedure Orlando, FL?

HI. The answer is YES. I am quite familiar with peforming surgery on type 1 diabetics. My own daughter has been a type 1 since the age of 1 and she is now 33 years old. She's undergone liposuction. My requirement is that your A1C be below 7.5 and that you have fairly tight control. You would need a medical clearance. We have protocols in place and measure your glucose throughout the case. Good luck. If should need anymore info, just contact me.

Dr. PG

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

If you are cleared for surgery by both your PMD and Endocrinologist then you may be a candidate for elective surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Lipo and BBL

If you are a well controlled diabetic and have medical clearance from your medical doctor, then it is possible that you might be a candidate and eligible to have the procedure performed.

BBL and diabetes

BBL is a great operation for both liposculpture and transfer of the fat to reshape the buttocks. There are risk factors that should be discussed. Diabetes does increase the risk for the operation but does not by itself exclude a patient from undergoing surgery,. But diabetes should be well controlled and the physician aware of the issue and able to control blood sugar levels before and patient needs to monitor these levels afterwards.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon