I was born with a cleft lip and palate. I'm considering getting a nose job. Is it possible to make my nose look normal? (Photo)

I would like to see my nose have an actual tip. Its flat now. I also would like it be very much shrinked in width since its so wide (see pictures)

Open rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards 

Cleft Lip Rhinoplasty

I have performed hundreds of surgery like yours and I can tell you 1) a lot can be done to significantly improve your nose and 2) your nose will never be perfectly normal.There are multiple aspects to your and every cleft patient that effect the final result.Issues include skin deficit  inside the nose,maxillary deficiency nasal cartilage, septal cartridge and bone distortions to mane a few of the issues.

Rhinoplasty

Cleft lip rhinoplsty is considered one of the most challenging types of rhinoplsty. It often requires major cartilage grafting and sometimes in multiple stages. Having said that, significant improvement both in form and function can be expected if done by a surgeon who has a niche in rhinoplsty, but perfect symmetry between the two sides might not be totally realistic. I hope this helps.

Jacob Sedgh, MD

Cleft lip rhinoplasty

In short, there is improvement that can be achieved with your nose using advanced techniques for rhinoplasty.  Whether using rib or other techniques, some increase in projection and rotation can be achieved. Your nose is difficult given your cleft history and current appearance thus improvement is certainly the goal. 

Taha Shipchandler, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cleft Rhinoplasty

Thanks for your question!  In general, your nose can be made to be look much better than it does now due to the cleft issues.  Your tip can be made to look more refined and lifted up.  This will make the nose look shorter than it does now.  Also, it can be made to look less wide by other techniques.  Please see a qualified rhinoplasty surgeon in your area, check out their websites, pre and post photos, etc.  Good luck.

Paul E. Goco, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cleft Rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty in the cleft patient is one of the most challenging forms of nose surgery. You have significant midface retrusion. If you are contemplating having your upper jaw advanced then rhinoplasty should be wait until after that procedure. If not and your bite is acceptable and stable, you need a rib graft for your cleft rhinoplasty. This is the only way to really build out the tip and give it significantly more projection. Rib grafts can also be used to build out your midface as well. While I wouldn't call the results of your cleft rhinoplasty as a completely normal nose, as that is not possible, major improvements in its shape is possible.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a columellar strut graft for tip support.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD