I am 5'1 about 133lbs. I was informed I need a lift. I want to be a big C cup. What CC would you recommend ?

Implant size

With the limited information you have provided it's not possible to estimate the implant volume that you'd need. Your BCPS must have obtained breast and chest measurements. Knowing these values and discussing your vision are the keys to successful surgery. 
Good luck and be well. 

I want to be a big C cup. What CC would you recommend ?

The volume of the breast implant is NOT the only determining factor of how large/full the after surgery breast would be, what the ultimate bra cup size would be and if that breast  would be proportionate to you. To make things more confusing, implants have special shapes ie "profiles" (LP, MP, MP+, High Profile etc) which vary between manufacturers so a certain volume in one implant would have a different shape depending on the manufacturer AND your chest and breast.To get THE BEST IDEA of what implant best suits your goals, seek a Plastic surgeon who offers 3D imaging. Look at the Canfield website who in your area has it. The technology takes a 3D image of your chest and then allows to to see fairly accurately how you may look with every implant in the US market. It allows you to see the subtle differences between close implants. The best part? No surprises. Please see the page below.
Dr. Peter A. Aldea
Memphis, TN

Breast augmentation

I would suggest 3D photographic analysis to see exactly what you would look like with different sizes of implants.  

John Burns, MD

Implant volume

An in office exam is key. Unfortunately, implant volumes do not match up exactly with cup size but once you get an approximate volume that might work for you, you can do a baggy test with the bra that you want to fill. Good luck.

What cc

With out photos it is hard to answer your question. Many ladies need a lift if there nipple areola complex hangs below the inframmary fold.The implant size varies on the style of implant you use and the size of your chest wall. 

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Implant Sizing

Thank you for your question, it is a very common one.
Unfortunately, without a physical exam with careful breast measurements, it isn't possible to recommend an implant.  I recommend consulting with a plastic surgeon who can help guide you with implant selection.  Some offices have computer imaging to allow you to visualize your postoperative result (we have the Vectra system at our office).  Best of luck!
Dr. Michael Epstein
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Breast implant selection is an exciting, but stressful part of the breast augmentation process as there are so many choices. Unfortunately it is impossible to recommend the best implant style, size or shape without an in-person examination that allows for the measurement of key breast parameters, as well as permits an in-depth discussion as to your desired goals and outcome. The number of cc's present in an implant does not reliably correlate to a particular cup size, as a result I would recommend you voice your concerns with your surgeon, they are in the best position to ensure that the implants the two of your decide upon are the right ones to meet your expectations.  It sounds as if it may be wise for you to "try on" several of the implants so that you can have a better visual representation as to what they would look like.  Best wishes!

Implant Choice

Thanks for your question.  It would be great if you would load some before pictures to help understand what you are "starting" with. Make sure you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon who can help you to answer the very important questions regarding lift vs no lift, implant size, implant type, surgical approach and implant placement. 
Wishing you all the best,
Steven Camp MD

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Please send pics

Hello and thank you for your question. Without an examination, it is hard to tell you exactly what would be of most benefit to you. The short answer to your question is to go to a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in aesthetic breast surgery who is not afraid to do a lift and augmentation at the same time. I have found that some surgeons are not comfortable with lifting techniques and either do not perform a lift, or when they do, it is not an aggressive enough lift and this leads to continued sagging (even though some patients can get recurrent sagging due to gravity/genetics/tissue quality). In your case, without photos, I can't tell if you will definitely need a lift or not. There is a chance that you will benefit from breast augmentation alone with a dual plane technique as you may be a borderline case. Or, if you are a borderline case, getting an augmentation now and then going for a lift later if you are unhappy may be an option as well. In my own patients, there are situations where we have achieved the look they desire with a) a breast augmentation, b) a breast augmentation and a lift later on (this is more the exception than the rule), or c) a simultaneous breast aug and lift (if you have clear ptosis, it is hard to justify doing the right thing later).
When I discuss with my patients about breast lifting techniques and also use of implants, I break down the different topics into parts. The easy way to decipher what each procedure produces is that implants increase breast volume and add upper pole fullness. Implants are placed in either a subglandular or subpectoral pocket centered over the left and right chest breast footprint. When you have ptosis/sagging, where the nipple-areola complex is at the fold or lower, your breasts will continue to hang off of your chest onto your upper abdomen. In fact, in patients with such sagging who undergo an augmentation without a lift, their breast tissue hangs off of the implant that is sitting on their chest, creating a shape like Snoopy's nose, hence called a "snoopy" deformity. Implants can not give a therapeutic lift and taking shortcuts will only lead to suboptimal results. In some borderline cases of ptosis, breast augmentation can be performed and if there is unsatisfactory sagging, then a lift can be performed later at a second stage, but in your case, an in person examination with a board certified plastic surgeon will be most instrumental in going over your lifting options in conjunction with implants.
Two lifting techniques that are very good ones in the right patient and I use are based on the following:
1) if it is mainly the nipple position that needs lifting, I like the circumareolar approach (also called a donut lift) vs 2) if a large portion of the breast tissue/weight needs to be lifted, a circumvertical (also called a lollipop lift) and sometimes a full anchor incision is needed as the circumareolar approach in my mind is not strong enough to hold the weight of the breast and results in stretching of the areola and drooping over time.

I hope this helps you and best of luck to you!
Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD

BBA Size

Thanks for your question.  It is impossible to recommend a size without an examination.  Even with a photo, it is difficult for on line consultants to provide an accurate recommendation. I suggest that you meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to help you make the correct decision.  Bring "wish" pictures to help express your ideal result.  He/she should be able to tell you whether your desired result is realistic.  Best Regards