Am I healing properly for being only 4 days post op & will I aquire more projection? (photo)

I know it takes many months to judge the outcome but I am curious to know if I will get more projection once the implants drop. Right now they're very high and flat. I am 5'1, 110 lbs, and I got 375cc silicone unders/crease incision. I started off a 34a and I would like to be a full C cup or possibly a small D. I'm just hoping for a lot more fullness and projection in the months to come. I have before pictures in my question previously posted if that would be helpful. Thank you in advance!

Am I healing properly for being only 4 days post op & will I aquire more projection?

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in your recovery to see the full results. It can take 6 weeks to 3 months for your implants to settle. If you have are concerned, you can speak to your plastic surgeon about tips to help with your recovery.

4 days post op

You will notice many changes over the next several months, be patient follow your post op instruction  in 6 months you should be able to appreciate a "final" result.       Good Luck

Richard Rosenblum, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

4 days post op

Yes, this is a very common swelling pattern for 4 days after a breast augmentation. From the looks of it, you will have a very lovely result. The projection that you desire will become apparent when all the swelling resolves (in the next 6-12 weeks.) The normal inflammatory (or swelling) phase is at least 6 weeks and most of all the inflammation will resolve by 6 months. The body has a lot of healing to do after surgery. Give it time.

4 days post op

your result looks very normal for 4 days after surgery. and yes, you will get more projection as this area heals and relaxes. if the implants stay high, then discuss this with your BCPS for therapies to alter this. 

4 days post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Its too early to talk about final results. 
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Thank you for your question and photographs, and it appears that you will have a very nice result. After placement of implants, the overall appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. As the volume of your implants redistributes through your tissues you will see an increase in the lower portion of your breast and a more natural appearing shape. Projection and size will not appreciably change but the way in which your breasts fit into your bra cups will. I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

More projection after BBA

thanks for your question.You are in the very early stages and so it is hard to judge your final shape. The projection is often limited by how much give there was in the skin pre op. When you start with small breast then you often do not have a lot of skin to achieve projection. This is a common assessment I make pre op to inform pts of their likely final outcome. You should discuss in full with your PS 

Best wishes  

Gerard Lambe, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

4 days post op

At 4 days, it is way too early to judge the appearance.  It could take a good 4-6 months for your implants to fully settle and by then, you could see the final result.  As of now, you seem to be healing great.  Your breasts should improve over time.  Best of luck, Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Projection after Breast Augmentation

Your results will of course improve over time, usually 6 months.  Right now, your implants are being squeezed tight against your chest by the overlying muscle.  As the breast and muscle relax and stretch, the implants will drop lower into the breast, and give more projection.   
Hope your recovery is going smoothly!

Nirav Savalia, MD

Breast augmentation projection

As you have already acknowledged, it is way to early at 4 days to judge the shape and outcome of your surgery. In time, the implants will "drop" and fill out that lower pole and give you more fullness at the bottom. Give yourself some time to heal and for swelling to resolve.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon