What's happening with my nose?! (photos)

2 months PO. Wide, bulky, swollen and inflammed. Visited GP on antibiotics. Dent on left nostril, had approx 1 month. Tip is angular and pointy and tip looks to be drooping. Also looks very beaky from side angles. Absolutely devastated, made me very low and depressed. Worse than it was to start with. See surgeon next week but would appreciate other surgeons feedback.

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments at this point of your post op.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Rhinoplasty Recovery

You are still early in your post-operative recovery period however, certainly express your concerns to your surgeon, and follow his/her treatment recommendations to ensure the best result.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Post OP

It's not clear from the pictures if there is redness which would indicate an infection.  It is important that you follow up with your plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns.  While swelling is normal after surgery, it is best to get this examined by the surgeon who performed the surgery. 

Concerns after rhinoplasty

Hello - I would certainly encourage you to discuss all of your concerns with your surgeon next week. Based on your photos, you do seem to have more irregularity and asymmetry of your nasal tip than I would expect at 2 months post-op. This could be related to an underlying cartilage graft and/or issue with your nasal tip cartilage. However, this is difficult to assess based on photos alone so a face to face evaluation with your surgeon would be recommended. Good luck!

Sachin S. Pawar, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon