what would happen if i waited two months for my third treatment instead of one month?

prior to my thermiva treatments i had a slight uncomfortable feeling that I thought would go away, which it has not, i went to a gym who did an ultra sound and seen nothing wrong, I am tight dry and spotting blood after sex ,I already had two thermiva treatments, i would like to now see a urologist before my third treatment, what would happen if I waited two months for my third treatment instead of one month?

ThermiVa and Results

The results compound so its better to have them closer but nothing bad will happen if you wait a little longer.  Best, Dr. Emer.

How long can you wait?

I don't think it should be a problem. The time between treatments is 4-6 weeks, so I doubt that 2 weeks more is going to make an impact,  especially since you had your first 2 treatments.  Chances are you may have atrophy (thinning of the vaginal wall if you are menopausal) causing the dryness and spotting. I would recommend you see a gynecologist, you may need vaginal estrogen to help, so long as you have no contraindication to using estrogen. In the interim, you can try organic Coconut Oil with intercourse. I recommend a brand called made by a company called Spectrum. It is for skin/hair and comes in a plastic jar, you can get it at Whole Foods. It works great for dryness. If you are are opposed to using estrogen or can not, I prescribe vaginal DHEA suppositories at 10mg, used at bedtime for 2 weeks, then 2-3 times a week. They have to come from a specialty compounding pharmacy. They are often superior to estrogen and they are safer because it will not raise your estrogen levels, if it is contraindicated for you, like for example in women who have had breast or uterine cancer.

Maria Keller, MD
Las Vegas OB/GYN

Postponing a third ThermiVa treatment

Thank you for your question. I think it's a smart idea to consult with your urologist before getting any sort of treatment again. Do not worry about spacing out your treatments. It is important to find out why you're experiencing these symptoms before going further. We recommend one month between treatments for optimal results. Waiting a little longer won't adversely affect you so do not worry about that. Safe practice and your well-being is most important. Good luck.

Brian M. Kinney, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question. I agree with your
decision to see an urologist before continuing on with treatment to address the
symptoms you have described. While it is recommended that ThERMIva treatments
be spaced one month apart, you should not be negatively affected by spacing
the second and third treatment by two months.

Delayed Treatment

I'm so sorry to hear about the problem you're having! We recommend you visit your urologist like you said before having your next ThermiVa treatment. Like other doctors said, waiting slightly longer for your next treatment is okay.

Jayesh Panchal, MD
Edmond Plastic Surgeon

Delayed Treatment

Yes, we would recommend seeing your urologist to address the problems you are having.  If you are concerned about delaying your third treatment, there is no need to be worried.  It can be challenging to get the appointments spread out exactly one month a part.  A small delay in your third appointment will not hinder the effectiveness.

Not a problem

Sorry you are having problems.  Definitely have things evaluated by your urologist. If you have the third treatment a slight delay will not be problematic.

Hi Ziagos,For sure see your urologist.  I am sorry you are having problems.  Many of our patients can't make the three treatments on an exact schedule........so no worries in my opinion on that one.  See the video below, which you might find helpful.  All the best with this, Dr. Joe

It is important to have the issues you are experiencing evaluated prior to having another ThermiVa treatment.  You will not have any ill effects from waiting longer in between the treatments and it is important that you discover the cause of the symptoms you described.

Camille Cash, MD

You had thermiva when you weren't feeling well and now you have issues

Of the many things which can make you uncomfortable, ultrasound can only identify a handful. Get evaluated by another gynecologist if the first was unable to help you. Common sense should tell you not to have procedures done if you're dealing with other issues in the same area at the same time. You'll have no idea if you're issues related to the procedure itself. Hold off on the third treatment until you feel better.