Good Canadiate for tummy tuck? (photos)

I wanted to know if I'm a good Canadiate for tummy tuck. Or if loosing 15-20 lb will loose this tummy? I am 37 years old mom of 2, my youngest is 2yrs old. Both pregnancies gained 50-70 lbs. I still about 15 lbs to pre pregnant weight. I am currently 145lbs at 5'4". Should I wait till I reach my "ideal" weight then go for surgery? Or 10-15lb won't make much of a different after the procedure. Random people ask me if I'm pregnant all the time it's very frustrating!! Thank you in advance!

Tummy Tuck Options

A flat and well-toned abdomen is something many of us strive for through exercise and weight control however sometimes these methods cannot achieve our goals. Even individuals of otherwise normal body weight and proportion can develop an abdomen that protrudes or is loose and sagging. The most common causes of this include heredity, multiple pregnancies, prior surgery, significant fluctuations in weight or congenital spine abnormalities that affect posture. If you desire a tighter, flatter abdomen, then a tummy tuck could be appropriate to help achieve your goals. A tummy tuck removes excess fat and skin, and in some cases, can restore weakened or separated muscles. This creates an abdominal profile that is smoother and firmer, often enhancing your body image and confidence.Next step is to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

You may be a prime tummy tuck candidate.

Judging from your photos, it appears you may have diastasis recti, or a separation of the abdominal muscles. In that case, even if you lose your final 15 pounds, you’ll still have a paunch. During pregnancy, the parallel bands of abdominal muscle can weaken and separate, which can end up making you look pregnant even when you’re not. I think you could see excellent results from a tummy tuck, which would repair your abdominal muscles for a flatter, more toned midsection. I recommend an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon so you can further discuss your goals. Best of luck to you.

Good Candidate for tummy tuck?

By your photos you appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. Getting as close to your goal weight before surgery is ideal.You appear to have significant laxity of the muscles and abdominal wall which can only be corrected by plicating (tightening) those with sutures. I would suggest seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation so he/she may give you more personal and detailed information.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

AmI a good candidate for TT

Thank you for your question. Based on the pictures you are a good candidate for full TT. TT addresses loose skin and lax abdominal muscle. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tummy tuck candidate

Thank you for your question. Tummy tuck, also know as abdominoplasty, is a procedure to remove excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen and to restore the weakened abdominal wall, giving a firmer and smoother appearance.  We nearly always add liposuction to our tummy tucks to sculpt the body 360 degrees to achieve an ideal feminine figure. To reduce your risks during surgery and ensure optimal results it's important to maintain a healthy, well-balanced diet to prepare for surgery. The closer you are to your ideal weight before surgery the better your result will be. You currently show a BMI of 24.89 which is ideal for surgery. Tummy tuck is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results if done correctly.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

I like people to be within 10 percent of their ideal weight for a tummy tuck. I think you are a good candidate. looks like the key part will be your muscle plication.  good luck

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

#tummytuck Am I a candidate? #weight

From your photos it appears you are a good candidate for a #tummytuck. Although it is not necessary, I would go ahead and try to lose any more weight that you want to lose before surgery. The most important thing to remember that major weight variation after surgery is not a good idea- so settle on a weight that is comfortable for you to maintain.

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and pictures.  You a definitely a good candidate for a TT and do not have to lose any more weight to have the surgery.  Based on te pics you shared, you should have a great result from a TT.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Good Canadiate for tummy tuck

I think you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck but your results will be significantly better if you lose that last little bit of weight before the surgery. In that way the muscles can be repaired more effectively and shrink your waistline to a greater extent.

Julio Garcia, MD