Who's fault? Coolsculpting or Velashape?

Received Coolsculpting on the outer thighs, the center recommended Velashape 2 to be done twice per week beginning 7 days after the treatment. 8 weeks post, I can see the outline of the cool sculpting applicator and look absolutely terrible. Technician agrees I look worse in my "after" pictures. My right thigh is 1/4" larger than before treatment. More cellulite. I weigh 1lb less - weight loss/gain is not a factor. Is this due to Velashape or Coolsculpting? I am looking at surgery to fix.

Thank you for your question. Any treatment can cause indentations and unwanted results if done incorrectly. If you are unhappy with your results, I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns, learn more about different procedures, and find an option that works best for you. An in-person assessment is always best. 

Coolsculpting and "Shark Bites"

Coolsculpting can cause indentations, this is one of the reason I recommend liposuction by a contouring specialist in certain situations.  You may need more velashape or venus legacy, a liposuction revision/fat grafting or more coolsculpting.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Outer Thigh after Cool Sculpt

Dear Kristinajoy55, I would recommend a few things. 1. Compare before and after pictures (we take photos on all clients before and after )  with your provider at the 3 month mark and give it time first before doing more treatments (surgical or not) 2. In our cool sculpting practice we don't add other treatments in to cool sculpting bc now you don't know what your problem is from 3. If the center you went to is run by a board certified plastic surgery then ask for a free consultation following unsatisfactory results from noninvasive treatments. 4. If you didn't get your treatments from a PS office, then don't make another mistake going to a physician who doesn't have board certification in PS and highly experienced in liposuction correction. Hope that helps.