Facelift with correct ligament or mid face lift?

Is face lift good for lifting corner of mouse? how about marionette line and nasolabial fold? I look tighten face after my mini lift and I am happy with it. but I still see little marionette line and my nasolabia fold and under eye look same as before. I see ppl said to inject filler to nasolabia fold. but ended up looking like snoopy dog . maybe I need mid face lift? or I need full face lift with correct ligament ?I want answer for those surgery. not about filler(cuz I already asked before)

Facelift

Marionette lines and nasolabial folds are often softened but they do not completely disappear after a facelift. Fillers or fat can help a bit.

Midface

aquafinastyle, find a surgeon that knows how to manipulate the fat  layers of the midface using techniques that I've published called the "malar pad lift" and "SOOF lift blepharoplasty". Search these terms off the Internet and ask if your surgeon knows how to perform them or you will not be happy with the results in your midface in my opinion. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Touch up for Face

Since you already had a mini-facelift, fat transfer may be your best option. Fat transfer from the tummy or thighs to the face is an excellent option for people of all ages. Younger patients can enhance their cheekbones or lips with fat that is natural and long lasting. As we age, our face deflates, losing fat, causing sagging skin to look more obvious. Fat grafting to the face rejuvenates the face with biological filler, your own fat! I frequently use fat transfer to my facelift patients to enhance and prolong the result. Depending on the individual, one treatment does the trick, but sometimes secondary touch ups are needed. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Soft tissue loss post lift

From your description it may be possible to do some fat grafting to these areas to fill them up.they are not always easy to correct.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Corner of mouth lift

A minimal facelift may tighten your facial skin,  but is inadequate to address the problems you are concerned with.  The wrap around corner of mouth lift, preferably with division of the depressor anguli oris muscle is a valuable procedure that can be easily performed with local anesthesia. Scarring is typically minimal, but as with any surgical procedure does exist.  Although Botox is effective,  diffusion into the depressor labii inferioris may alter lower teeth show when smiling as well as being temporary.  Augmentation of the inferior pyriform aperture region either with filler or fat is effective is effacement of the nasolabial fold.  Regards, Dr. Joseph Kiener

Becuase the facial muscles pull on the corner of the mouth the nasal labial folds always return after a facelift. Botox injection into the DAO muscle (Depressor Anguli Oris) may help reduce the marionette line.

Happy with facelift but continue to have persistent drooping corners of the mouth and nasolabial folds

I find these areas can be improved with filler, not giving you an unnatural result.

Consider these  office based procedures.  If you don't find benefit you may find a Specialist who offers a revisional surgery with or without midface lifting.

Continue to seek advice.

Ernest Robinson, MD
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face lift to raise corner of mouth

Thank you for asking about your face lift.

• In most cases, the face lift will not lift the corner of the mouth.
  • It may or may not soften the nasolabial fold and marionette lines.
  • It will not alter the lower lids.
  • Without a photo and knowing when your mini-lift was done and what technique is used, it is hard to give you specific advice.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS