Everyday my boob looks different? (photos)

Is my boob healing or something else might be going on?

Both

The two breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

Separation of scar?

I do see some mild separation on your left side. Since this can be handled in multiple ways, I would check with your operating plastic surgeon for instructions.  Congratulations on your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Incision Issues

Based on these photos you appear to be having some delayed healing but it is difficult to assess without more information and an exam. I recommend that you be seen by your Plastic Surgeon in person so that they can treat you.

All the best

Everyday my boob looks different?

Thank you for continuing to share your photographs after your procedure.  There are a lot of normal changes that can be expected to the breasts' appearance as swelling resolves and the implants start to settle.  The overlying breast tissues will stretch allowing your results to appear more natural.  If you notice any changes that seem concerning, reach out to your surgeon for an in-person evaluation.  Hope this helps.

Boob healing

It would be important to know how soon after surgery those photos were taken. It appears the L breast incision has some separation of the incision line. I would contact your surgeon and follow up with them.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

BBA healing

That you for your question about your breast augmentation and healing. Please contact you board certified plastic surgeons with any and all post operative questions and/or concerns.  Your surgeon will want to be aware of and answer any questions that you have. Best of luck! 

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Early healing after breast augmentation

Thanks for your question and pictures.  Without knowing how soon after surgery you are, it is difficult to give you a good answer.  It does appear that you have some scab formation to one of the incisions.  Lots of changes can occur in the early healing period after surgery.  Speak with your surgeon about any concerns.

Naveen Setty, MD

Everyday my boob looks different?

Thank you for your question.  Changes do occur early in the healing process.  Not sure how long postop you are from surgery but it would be a good idea to see your plastic surgeon and go over your concerns as it's hard to tell by photos alone.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation - is there a problem with the incision?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • The photo suggests that your incision has some crusts that will separate soon.
  • However to be sure, your own surgeon needs to examine you.
  • Let her/his office know you are concerned and make an appointment.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS