Can eMatrix work on scars that are a few years old?

I am very fair skinned, with a few shallow acne scars, scarred pores, and a few ice pick scars. My main concern are the shallow depressed scars, but I am scared of co2 and fraxel lasers because of the damage I've seen them do to other people. Will Ematrix help my shallow scars with minimal risk?

Improving Acne Scars, Old and New

Resurfacing has the potential to improve acne scars regardless of how old they are. The advantage of treating scars earlier rather than later is that someone younger will have a better collagen production response, and will likely heal faster.
It sounds like eMatrix could certainly be a step in the right direction for you, however please do not let negative feedback deter you from Fraxel! When performed by an experienced physician, Fraxel is perfectly safe and can do wonders for acne scarring. While both eMatrix and Fraxel aim to resurface the skin, they do so in different ways. Speaking very generally, Fraxel is often a better option for Caucasian skin types, while eMatrix is often better for other ethnicities, due to the decreased risk of hyperpigmentation. Both treatments will require multiple sessions.
Because you mentioned a variety of scarring types, you may also need to look into other modalities of treatment, such as TCA cross, microneedling, or Bellafill filler, to get the most significant overall improvement. Consult with a board certified Dermatologist to discuss your treatment options. Best of luck! 

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Mild improvement with eMatrix.

Here is the video link to my assessment of eMatrix. I do like this device - but only for early acne scars. Lasers and energy device microneedling / fillers and surgical procedures are much better for late acne scars. Having said that I have seen really impressive improvements with acne scars that are less than 3 months old. 
Dr Davin Lim Laser DermatologistBrisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Lasers and radiofrequency work to help all scars. I do not find that matrix is very effective however.  Please see an expert for a better combination of options.  Dr. Emer.