I would like to know what you as a doctor would recommend to change to make my nose more symmetrical. (photos)

I really don't like my nose and there are a lot of reasons why. Assymetrical nostrils and the brigde had a strange turn, but the rest I can't really put in words. So I would like to know what you as a doctor would change about my nose to make it mote beautiful/symetrical

Rhinoplasty candidate for asymmetry and crooked nose

The nose is a three-dimensional structure, so is very important to have a full set of pictures.  If there is a dorsal hump present, this can be shaved down. To straighten the crooked nose requires osteotomies  placed in the nasal bones, and a cartilaginous spreader graft placed underneath  the concave upper lateral cartilage in the mid-portion of the nose. A full examination of the nasal tip cartilages are required to discuss nostril asymmetry. For many examples of crooked nose repair in our practice, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

I think the best way to tell you what can be accomplished is by going in for a consultation and getting evaluated in person.  Good luck.

Rhinoplasty consultation

Unfortunately your pictures are out of focus and very limited that no true recommendation can be made. I suggest you see a rhinoplasty expert for a consultation. You can also upload more photos that are in focus and show the nose from multiple angles. One of the images you provided suggests that your mid-section of the nose is rather narrow with a bulbous nasal tip. I would also be curious to inquire about the functional status of your nose and if you have nasal obstruction. You also need the internal nasal cavities examined during your consultation. Please keep in mind that a thorough in-office examination by a rhinoplasty expert cannot be replaced and is always necessary to make a true recommendation. Best wishes!

Thomas J. Walker, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to make my nose more symmetrical?

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty and possible septoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California  

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Spreader grafts can help to straighten the nose. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD