How much should it cost for PRP treatments for hair loss? I need the recommendation of a good doctor for this procedure

See average cost for PRP for Hair Loss

Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

PRP for Hair Loss

PRP is an excellent treatment for hair loss and you need a full consult to evaluate if you are a good candidate.  The price can vary based on the amount of scalp that needs to be treated.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

PRP can range a few thousand dollars per treatment. The cost would depend on the doctor offering the treatment.

PRP can range a few hundred to a few thousand dollars per treatment. It will add up since you would need to continue to have the PRP treatment.  The final cost would depend on the doctor offering the treatment.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP for Hair Loss --- Combine with Injectable Progesterone Monthly

PRP is a great treatment for those who are a candidate.  I suggest a formal consultation with an expert to see what is needed.  Best, Dr. Emer.

PRP cost

In our office,  PRP is done alone and costs $1000 when done with a hair transplantation and $2000 when not done with a hair transplantation. 

Omeed Memar, MD, PhD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

PRP Costs ??

The cost of PRP vary by  physician and method of PRP preparation. Some believe that PRP should be prepared with Acell or an extracellular matrix and some believe that PRP should be prepared alone. Those that believe that PRP should be prepared alone are concerned about the allergic potential of the extracellular proteins in the Acell and extracellular matrix. There are no studies, of which I  am aware, that show that  Acell or extracellular matrix makes a difference in treating androgenic alopecia. There is a difference when using it in combination with hair transplantation. The cost of PRP increases when it is combined with Acell or extracellular matrix. Cost vary between $400 and $5,000. The higher number is for the combined PRP. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon