I'm so confused!! Lipo or Tummy Tuck? One physician says if he does Lipo I will still have a bulge. (photos)

Dr. Shahine says he can do wonders and give me an hourglass figure because I'm not far. After careful research and viewing his past patient settlements, no way!! My skin doesn't have laxity, it's smooth and no stretch marks. Help me please!! I'm dreaming of procedures because I'm so darn confused! And I don't want to just take the fastest route (TT) when I dont have to. I know it gives the best results. So discouraging, BUT, maybe I can get the Lipo and work out after? When I sit it's the worse

Tummy tucck and liposuction

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well.

Based on your pictures I recommend to combine liposuction and tummy tuck. The combination of a liposuction with the a traditional tummy tuck has become a very common procedure. It is safe to combine the two procedures mainly to address the hip and flank areas. This is a very effective way to extenuate the contour of the waist along with the abdominoplasty. It is also important to realize that there is usually a limit on how much fat can be remove in a combined procedure.In general you may be a good tummy tuck candidate if:You are physically healthy and at a stable weight You have realistic expectations You are a non-smoker You are bothered by the appearance of your abdomen. Also The fat transfer, often called Brazilian butt lift has become extremely popular because it allows your plastic surgeon to transform your entire shape. You improve your waist, hips and of course your buttock.

Good tummy tuck candidate if:

You are physically healthy and at a stable weight

You have realistic expectations

You are a non-smoker

You are bothered by the appearance of your abdomen

Tummy tuck surgery is a highly individualized procedure and you should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.

I recommend to book a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss the best options for your goals.

Good luck :)

I'm so confused!! Lipo or Tummy Tuck? One physician says if he does Lipo I will still have a bulge.

Thank you for the question pictures. Based on your photographs, and stated goals, you will do best with a full tummy tuck operation. In my practice, I would not offer you liposuction surgery alone. Best to do this operation when you are at your long-term stable weight. Doing so will help improve the outcome of the procedure and minimize chances that additional surgery will be necessary subsequently.

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight. When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.  You may find the attached link, dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Thank you for the inquiry. Based on the photos, I would suggest a tummy tuck combined with liposuction. However, nothing takes the place of an in person exam, so a second opinion may help you make a decision. Best of luck!

Tummy tuck with liposuction

Based on your pictures, I do not think liposuction alone will give you a good result.  You have a significant pannus (the skin overhang).  This amount of skin will not snap back after liposuction.  You will be left with sagging skin that hangs down even farther.  You need a full tummy tuck with liposuction.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Tummuy tuck?

from your photos you need a full tummy tuck with liposuction. Liposuction alone is not going to give you a good result.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck with liposuction

Based solely on your photos, you look as if you'd do best with a tummy tuck with liposuction. However, this can really only be determined by an in person exam. Perhaps seek a second opinion from another board certified plastic surgeon in your area. It might help clear up some of your confusion.
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Best procedures for your body, some advices:

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us.
In this regard, I recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.
Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Lipo or tummy tuck/ confused patient

From the photos that you provided, you need a tummy tuck.  Liposuction alone is useful if you have areas of fat excess but no loose or hanging skin.  Your photos show hanging tissue which would be deflated by liposuction and hang lower.  Working out after liposuction won't make the loose skin tighter.   A tummy tuck will remove the excess volume and tighten loose skin.  You will get the best result if you are at or close to your goal weight.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and series of photographs. I think you would most benefit from a full tummy tuck and liposuction of your waist, hips and flanks. The tummy tuck will tighten your stomach muscles, helping to achieve a flatter appearance, while removing excess skin and adipose tissue. Liposuction can be used to enhance your tummy tuck results by narrowing your waist and removing isolated areas of diet and exercise resistant fat. Hope that this helps.

Lipo or Tummy Tuck?

Thank you for your question. You appear to be a good candidate for liposuction of your problem areas. However, keep in mind that you may be left with some excess skin, especially on the abdomen, following liposuction necessitating a tummy tuck. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. Best wishes!