Conchal cartilage sticiking out of nose 2 months after rhinoplasty

As the swelling went down, 2months after revision rhinoplasty i started noticing cartilage bump. My surgeon recommended Fucidin H cream and i used that for 7days but didnt notice any improvement at all, My nose was collapsed during surgery and surgeon used conchal cartilage to rebuild it. What are my options now? Will it absorb/settle down over time? I dont want another revision, any percutaneous method to shave/crush or make it disappear with just needle or fillers applicable to me?

Sharp edges after rhinoplasty surgery with conchal cartilage

It may very well be possible to gently file those sharp edges down after you heal up either percutaneously or minimally invasive. You should discuss this with your surgeon. It may also settle down some over time as well or become more noticeable. Fillers are another option to camouflage slight imperfections as well. 

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Visible Graft After Rhinoplasty

Looking at your photos, it does appear that the bump is caused by a graft that has shifted or otherwise become visible.  This type of problem usually requires a revision to properly correct.  Normally this would be performed at six to twelve months from the last surgery.  If you are adamantly against another operation, it may be possible to camouflage the graft with fillers.  This is not a true correction of the problem, but may give you enough of an aesthetic improvement to avoid additional surgery.  

Showing cartilage after Rhinoplasty

This looks to be protruding cartilage that while it may serve a functional purpose in improving the collapse, it is now causing a cosmetic issue.  With rhinoplasty, there comes a time that you simply have to wait.  I recommend waiting a year before any "revision" procedures are done except for when it is obvious that the reduction of swelling will not help anything. Make sure you are seeing a specialist in the face before you embark on any additional surgeries.

Roberto E. Garcia, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

In reviewing your pictures, it appears a cartilage graft has become visible after revision rhinoplasty.  It is unlikely that this will improve over time. It is unlikely that there are good non-surgical options to improve this concern. If you simply chose to remove the cartilage, that should be a quick and straightforward procedure. If your nose requires additional reconstructive procedures, your surgery could be more involved. Before considering anymore surgery, I would wait to let your nose heal for at least one year.I hope this helps

It appears that you will need a revision to have the cartilage flip over and/or gently crushed. I would recommend waiting 6 months from the surgery or possible. 

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

You will likely need a revision if your grafts re visible. But you will have to wait awhile for all the swelling to subside.  Best of luck.

Edge of Cartilage Graft Visible 2 Months after Revision Rhinopasty

Unfortunate you will probably need a revision to correct the asymmetrical visible cartilage graft. Perhaps fillers can be used but I recommend you consider a permanent solution. A picture of your profile would be helpful.