28 yr old female, 5'7", 136lbs. I'd like liposuction on my hips, belly, and waist. Classic Liposuction or Hidrolipoclasia?

I'm currently considering lip, but I'm not sure if I should rather pick traditional lip or that new method called Hidrolipoclasia which is non-ivasive. Do both methods really get the same results? Thanks!

Liposuction to define my shape

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• You are tall and thin and probably looking for definition of your shape.
  • Liposuction is likely to give you the best result.
  • Hidrolipoclasia is not liposuction but an office procedure -
  • Salt water is injected into the fatty area and an ultrasonic machine is used to kill some fat cells.
  • Six treatments are needed and you should see about 15% improvement. 
  • It is likely to cost as much as liposuction and give you less of a result
  • If it is essential for you that you have an office treatment, all the office machines seem to give about the same 15-20% improvement.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction, VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring - Full Body

Contouring can give you the best outcome but you want VASER hi def shaping to get the most in skin tightening and fat removal.  Non invasive approaches are good for small problem areas.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction

No, I would say non-invasive procedures may improve the area by 15-20% at most.  Invasive liposuction procedures I will say that it is not the technique or machine, but rather the surgeon that is key.

Classic liposuction or hidrolipoclasia?

Thank you for sharing your question.  Without a full series of photographs it is difficult to offer definite recommendations and I would see a series of ASPS board certified plastic surgeons so that they can offer you the best treatment advice.  Best wishes. 

Body contouring

When it comes to body contouring, beware of fringe techniques that claim to be noninvasive. There is more than one way to contour the body, your best bet is to consult with 2 or 3 experienced body contouring board certified plastic surgeons in your area.

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

Liposuction removes fat and  is more selective with regards to fat reduction. No noninvasive procedure will provide you the results that  liposuction will.  See a board-certified plastic surgeon for your care. 

DrBurnett#realself100