I have a square face shape due to big masseter jaw muscles (& bone structure?). Do I need a chin implant? (photo)

I regularly have Botox in the jaw but even after this it has a slight square look. I am considering a chin implant to enlogate my face. My forehead is oval so I want my jaw to match. I know they're not that clear but from these photos of my faceshape, ldo I need a chin implant? what is the chin implant actually made out of?my big wide cheekbones make my mid face too big &chin implant will balance this out - thank you

Chin implant

It is difficult to say weather you would benefit from a chin implant without seeing your profile. From the limited photos that you have shown it appears you have very pretty facial features. An in person exam with an experienced surgeon that does a lot of aesthetic facial surgery is what you would benefit most from. Best of Luck!!!

San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

chin implant candidate?

The  mandible,chin and chin implants are all three-dimensional structures, therefore a full set of facial photographs are required to make a determination about being a candidate for the procedure. The primary goal for a chin implant procedures to augment the chin forward, give some additional width, and a small amount of vertical height. Chin implants are manufactured out of silastic, and can be custom carved when necessary to match patient's unique anatomy. In our practice, we have been using Implantech chin implants for over 25 years with an excellent success rate. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Chin

siennasmith, No one can answer this question without an exam but I can tell you that most patients are their own worst enemy; your cheeks look quite good to me. The implants by the way are made out of silastic, at least the ones that I use. See an experienced surgeon that does "only faces" and has excellent photos. See the video and good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Big wide cheekbones make my mid face too big, will chin implant will balance this out?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years.  From the photos, your cheeks are very flat in the front while;e they are full and wide along the outer portions of the cheeks.  This tends to broaden and masculinize the face.  Non smiling photos of your lower face from the side would help determine if a Chin Augmentation is required as described below.    

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler  will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face but only if it is placed in the front of the cheeks in a precise manner and in the proper volume.

I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  

Hope this helps.

Chin implants

Chin implant surgery has long been touted as a simple operation that reliably gives good results. The adequacy of chin projection should take into account several variables including sex, the effect of occlusion on lower lip position, the thickness of the chin pad, and the depth of the labiomental fold. When these variables are not considered, implant augmentation may result in a chin that is unnatural and too large, particularly in a woman.