Chin Implant, Buccal Fat Removal, or Jowl Liposuction? (photos)

I'm having trouble finding out exactly what is bothering me on the lower half of my face. I would like a procedure that I think will make the most positive impact so I can feeel confident. I'm not sure if it's because my chin is too tiny or cheeks are too chubby, or my chin isn't defined enough. Any surgeons, please give me your opinion!

Chin implant may help

Thanks for sharing.  I agree with the overall sentiment of this thread that a chin implant may be all I would consider and not the jowl lipo or buccal fat reduction.  You already are an attractive young lady and I would be conservative in your treatments. Best to see an expert in person to talk about what the chin implant can do for you.  

Chin Implant, Buccal Fat Removal, or Jowl Liposuction?

Your photos show a face most of us would consider very attractive and you want to keep it that way through the years. Buccal fat removal is almost never a good idea. There are certain "ideals" in the human facial structure and one of those has to do with the projection of the chin relative to other parts of the face. Your chin is a bit small and a simple chin implant of the proper size and shape should be all it takes to bring the lower face into harmony with the rest of your face.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Facial balance

You appear to have a positive youthful image; so that it is not uncommon to 'want' a more structured jawline/cheekbone area. However, consult with a surgeon to discuss what 'you' want and not what someone can do for you. Your goal is paramount

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Lower face

Your chin should be addressed first and foremost.  That will make the most dramatic impact on your lower face - it will improve your profile, the definition of your jawline, etc.  It will do things that buccal fat pad excision or microliposuction will not do.  That being said, on examination, we would be better able to determine whether you may benefit from additional treatments.  I hate using absolutes, particularly when looking only at pictures.  But based on what you describe and what I am seeing, an improvement with your chin will make a huge impact.  Remember that once this gets addressed, it changes the proportions, and therefore, what else may need or not need to be done.  So bring this up during your consultations.  Best of luck! 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower Face

A buccal lipectomy nor jowl liposuction will affect how the lower face looks. Your horizontal chin position is the issue at question that will have an effect. Computer imaging needs to be done to determine if chin augmentation will create the type of lower facial change that you find aesthetically beneficial.

We may help you to look little "younger" "and have "Cute" image

Photographs you gave us are not good enough to analyze your facial profile/ proportion. However, crude impression may be possible. In the photograph, your lower jaw looks little short and slightly retruded

This may help you to look little "younger" "and "Cute" image. 

To augment your chin, chin implant is one of simplest and reversible ( you can take them out if you do not like result.) method.

Chang-Hyun Oh, MD
South Korea Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant?

Without an exam your question cannot be answered.  You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation

CHIN AUGMENTATION CANDIDATE

Dear xoxoxokt, A chin augmentation would help nicely balance your profile and overall facial aesthetics. A consultation and examination would best determine whether you would be a candidate for any other surgical procedures. If you did have buccal fat pad removal then you would want a very conservative removal. see examples of buccal fat pad removal in the link below and video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Chin implant candidate for weak and recessive chin profile

From the side profile photograph, it appears that there is a weak and recessive chin profile, for which a chin implant can improves.    Placement of a chin implant  will accomplish bringing the chin forward  and adding additional width. Chin implants are manufactured and a large variety of sizes and shapes which is best determined at this time the consultation and examination.  In our practice, we have been using Implantech Silastic chin implants were over 25 years. For many before and after results and diagrams of the implants themselves, please see the link and the video below

Face

Your side view is not a true side view. The only procedure, based on the limited photos, you are a candidate for is a chin augmentation.