What are the chances for hyperpigmentation with the ExcelV?

I have very sensitive skin. When I had the Fraxel the doctor made 2 passes and my skin reacted very quickly. It took over a week to recover

Always a possibilty

With any laser comes potential side effects including swelling, redness, pain, bruising, burns and change in pigmentation. I suggest consulting with a cosmetic dermatologist who has experience with lasers. Best, Dr. Emer

Excel V and risk for hyperpigmentation....

Thank you for your question.  The risk for hyperpigmentation with the Excel V is low in the well trained experienced hands of a board certified Dermatologist.  There are two different wavelengths in the Excel V, a 532 KTP and a 1064 nd:Yag so it is truly dependent upon what skin type you are, your genetic makeup, what condition you are treating, which handpiece you are using and the experience of your physician.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon