Am I candidate for tummy tuck with fat transfer or lipo/BBL to achieve my wish pic look? (Photo)

Abdominoplasty, Liposuction and Brazilian Butt Lift

A tummy tuck can certainly be performed at the same time as liposuction or a brazilian butt lift. Not every patient is a good candidate for every procedure. The wish pic you posted shows a woman with a very toned abdomen and fuller hips (and possibly buttocks?). 

I would recommend visiting with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss what you can potentially expect in detail. Bringing your ideal photos with you is also helpful in communicating your goals with your surgeon. 

Realistic Expectations

Sorry, but I cannot answer your questions without photos. Remember to try to be realistic regarding expectations with plastic surgery. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Tummy tuck and BBL

Hello and thank you for your question. I am not able to view your pre-operative pictures for some reason.  If you are an appropriate candidate, a tummy tuck can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  A BBL can be performed at the same time for improved buttock and waist contour.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

BBL

You would have to be seen in person to determine what donor fat is available and what your anatomy looks like.  Best of luck.

Tummy tuck or liposuction with fat transfer

I do not perform tummy tuck at the same time as liposuction with fat transfer- risks are much higher and post op positioning is very difficult. Rather it is much safer to stage these procedures. Typically, Vaser ultrasound liposuction with fat transfer to the buttocks is performed first. Then, when ready and only if needed, a tummy tuck can be performed weeks to months later.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations. 

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures you want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Wish pic

I am a board certified Plastic Surgeon and have performed hundreds of body lifts and tummy tucks. It is hard to comment without a photo of you. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Am I candidate for tummy tuck with fat transfer or lipo/BBL to achieve my wish pic look?

Thank you for sharing your question. The best recommendation would be to see a series of board certified plastic surgeons in consultation to have the best treatment options discussed.  An in-person evaluation is essential to identify and discuss your concerns, as well as your desired outcome.  Hope that this helps. 

Please put your front, side pictures. These pictures are easier to see if they are taking by someone else not close to the camera of the area you are interested only to give you a better answer.

tummy tuck and a vertical abdominoplasty. The appropriate procedure depends the amount and location of the excess skin. That's what your plastic surgeon will have to determine after the actual physical exam.

It is always recommended to have a liposuction with transfer to your buttocks first as this guarantees more fat to be transferred than when it is combined with another procedure . As a surgeon is only allowed to take only about 1000cc of fat in a combo procedure instead of 4000cc in a single procedure, 6 months after will be a perfect time to have a tummy tuck.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Tummy Tuck and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

BBL & TT

Without a picture of yourself, it is impossible to determine whether you are a candidate for these procedures and if you cosmetic goals are realistic. I will say, It is possible to have these procedures done at once but you have to find a doctor willing to combine them during one procedure and be willing to follow their aftercare instructions as the recovery will be more intense than staging them. I generally stage these procedures simply because you will have to refrain from sitting/laying on your buttocks for at least 3 weeks after a BBL which means you would need to sleep on your stomach, which may not be optimal when just having a tummy tuck. This reduces complications and provides for a more comfortable post-operative recovery.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon