How much can brows be moved/repositioned in a coronal brow lift? (Photo)

I have very low brows and am considering a coronal brow lift along with another procedure. I also have an epicanthal fold as a Caucasian and am very bothered by it. When I move my brows around with my fingers, I can adjust my brows to "my perfect" position and the epicanthal fold would be gone too. Is this attainable with a coronal brow lift or am I expecting too much? Pictures below.

How much can brows be moved/repositioned in a coronal brow lift?

Hi, I have performed many Brow Lifts over the past 30 years.  Non smiling photos of your face would help evaluate the eyebrow position.  From the enclosed photos it's difficult to see the resting position of the eyebrows.  If the eyebrows are significantly low, compared to the desired aesthetic position, an open (Coronal Brow Lift) remains the "gold standard" by which all other brow lifting techniques are measured.  The issue with an endoscopic brow lift is that it requires some method of tissues suspension (hooks, screws, sutures or threads) and while one point of fixation can be achieved using the bone of the skull, the brow tissues are much softer allowing any suspension technique to ultimately pull through which will release the lifting effects.  The Coronal Brow Lift, on the other hand, trims excess, loose scalp created by the lifting process which holds the brows in the elevated, lifted position.  The Coronal Brow Lift can be modified to allow placement of the mid forehead first (eliminates the raised forehead), followed by individual adjustments to the level of each portion (inner and outer) of each eyebrow.  

Endoscopic Browlift for a Natural Look

Dear finallysophia, I would suggest an endoscopic browlift and leave the epicanthal fold alone. The browlift helps elevate the brows and open up the eyes like you are showing in your desired photograph with no tell tale signs of surgery. The small incisions are placed in the hairline and using an endoscope the facial tissues are undermined and lifted away from their attachments. The entire facial unit of skin, muscle and soft tissue is then lifted upward and laterally providing a very youthful and natural appearance. This is a very rewarding procedure that all of my female staff members have had performed due to it's high level of satisfaction with minimal downtime and discomfort. There are many examples in the link below and video above to review. I would avoid a coronal browlift.  Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Lifting Brows with Coronal Approach

Unless you have a very low hairline I recommend the Irregular Trichophytic Hairline Incision which we described over 30 years ago so you can maintain or improve your hairline position. How much your brows are lifted will depend on the ideal position you and your surgeon want to achieve. A brow lift will not change the epicanthal fold.

Browlift approach for raising brows.

. If your hairline is high the browlift should be done with the Irregular Trichophytic  Forehead Lift which will not raise your hairline orleave a noticeable scar. Hair will grow thru the hairline and not behind it. If your hairline is low and needs to be raised then an endoscopic forehead lift is in my 35 year experience what u need. See a very experienced brow lift surgeon. Leave your epicanthal crease alone. 

Repositioning the eyebrows with a coronal brow lift

A full set of photographs  of the forehead are required to determine what technique to use,and  whether or not patient's  are a candidate for a brow lift. There are many issues to look at when performing a browlift, which include the height of the eyebrows at rest, asymmetry of the eyebrows, the muscles/ wrinkles in the forehead, and the height of the hairline. An epicanthal fold will not be removed with a brow lift.  For many examples of brow lifts, please see the video and the link below

Brow lift

A brow lift done with any approach might result in the brow position change you are after. The coronal approach can cause hair to be discarded and significantly raise your hairline unless you have a tight scalp and a preexitant low hairline. A brow lift will not change the epicanthal fold. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon