Should I get my breasts redone with a lift? (Photo)

I had 400 cc saline implants with a binelli breast lift done January of this year. I wanted my left aeorla shaped round and was unhappy with the sagging of my breast. The doctor told me a lift was up to me andl that the implants would fill in the top off my breasts. I feel the implants have only added to the sagging of my breasts, and my breast and aeorlas are completely different. I have said it to my doctor and he tells me to wait for the scars to continue to fade. Do I need a new surgeon?

Uplift revision

You have a significant asymmetry of the areolas, and your nipples are still too low. I would personally recommend a revision with a full vertical uplift.

London Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with Implants

Your initial asymmetry has only partially been improved and you've developed stretching of the left areola despite it being initally smaller than the right.  I'm not certain what was done on this side but I'd predict that it won't improve.
I wouldn't blame your surgeon since placement of large implants and attempts at matching nipple size and position with asymmetry can be tricky and somewhat unpredictable.

I would have you consider a full mastopexy and replacement of your implants (or removal) with a smaller size.  With less weight on your breasts the chances of you being more symmetric and feeling less droopy is best with a full uplift and smaller implants. 

Good luck with your choices and deliberations!

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Lift?

Your areola are of different sizes and this may be due to the suture giving way on the one side.  A revision or a formal lift may be necessary. Best of luck.

Should I get my breasts redone with a lift?

You could have a replacement of the implants with less volumen and have a breast lift with vertical, J o L shape scar, and with the replant the areolas, so they will be reshaped to the optimal size and location. 

Brenda Pache, MD

Lift

It is certainly your option to seek the opinion of a second surgeon.  From the pictures that you post, I think that your breast look and shape would improve by doing a vertical lift to make the areolas more even and smaller as well as lift the lower part of the breast.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

You can get an improved symmetry with a revision by simply redoing the Benelli procedure on each side. No real lift is needed beyond that. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Revision

You may benefit from a vertical lift in order to resize both areolas to the same size.  To do this a slightly smaller implant size may be necessary.  

Revision

In my opinion from looking your photos, a vertical mastopexy would accomplish both of your goals of moving your breasts up on the chest wall and making the areolas the same size. Good luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

It appears that your breasts are in a relatively good position but your areolas are not symmetric.  The asymmetry may be due to a broken suture.  We typically do wait at least six months before performing revision surgery.  You would most likely only require a revision lift on the side with the larger areola to make it the same smaller size as the other side.  Such a revision could possibly be done in the office without incurring the added expense of the operating room again.

Yes, revision surgery is indicated. Best to seek other in person opinions at this time................