How can I decide on the right size and shape for my breast augmentation? (Photo)

I'm getting breast augmentation but still can't decide on the shape and size of the implants . I'm 5.5 , 134 . Right now I'm full b . Please help me to choose the right option for my body type

Right size and shape of breast augmentation

Size and style of implant can be discussed with an in person consultation.  Given that you already have nice shaped breasts and a decent amount of volume, you may also be a candidate for fat transfer to your breasts if your desired result is a modest increase in size.  Seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation. 

Research and discuss

Your plastic surgeon will be able to determine the implant size that fits best with your body size and shape. I recommend researching before and after photos and comparing sizes before deciding. Bringing in photos to your appointment is a great way to show your surgeon exactly what you desire. 

Patients choose the size well the surgeon chooses the shape of the breast implant for augmentation.

There good sizing systems available to determine the volume that satisfies you. Based on your chest anatomy the surgeon will decide the proper shape of the prosthesis.

Size options

Thank you for your question and photos. The right size/shape for you will have a lot to do with your desired "look" and your specific breast measurements.

I use dimensional Breast Augmentation to measure your breasts carefully and select a small range of breast implants which fit your breast width and proportionately fit your frame. The volume/projection can be variable depending on your expressed goals. My patients find it helpful to try on the implant sizers in the office with a form fitting T-Shirt in order to get a good idea of how they will look.

Be sure to book your consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon,

All the best

Implant selection

It is best to review with your surgeon what implant  might be best for you. This is what is discussed during consultation and exam.

Choosing a breast implant

My recommendation is to look for photos of breasts that appeal to you. Showing those photos to your PS along with all your measurements will help determine the suggested implants. For example, do you want a natural looking breast or an implanted looking breast

A sizer system for trying on can help you with your final decision as you should be able to see the change in upper pole fullness as you increase the profile.

Also consider you hip width for aesthetic balance and your activity level for lifestyle considerations on running, horseback riding etc..

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

The right size

It would be really helpful to have a full consultation with breast measurements taken. Using this information, your plastic surgeon can help you chose the appropriate implants and the " look" you are going for and advise you on other adjunctive procedures to give you your desired look. There is no ideal correlation with volume of an implant and "cup size" due to many variables including the patient current breast volume and breast shape.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

You are starting out in a very good place from an anatomic perspective.  I would suggest using 3D imaging to choose the perfect size for you.  

John Burns, MD

The good news is that you already have youthful, symmetrical breasts with some natural volume. So you should look great with any implant. Implant size is determined on your breast measurements and your desired look. Some women want a natural look, and some women want to look augmented. I would suggest a different implant based on those different looks. A plastic surgeon will help you choose the right implant for you. Good luck!

How can I decide on the right size and shape for my breast augmentation?

Thank you for your question and photographs. Breast implant selection is an exciting, but stressful part of the breast augmentation process as there are so many choices. Unfortunately it is impossible to recommend the best implant style, size or shape without an in-person examination that allows for the measurement of key breast parameters, as well as permits an in-depth discussion as to your desired goals and outcome. I would recommend you voice your concerns with your surgeon, they are in the best position to ensure that the implants the two of your decide upon are the right ones to meet your expectations. It sounds as if it may be wise for you to "try on" several of the implants so that you can have a better visual representation as to what they would look like. Best wishes!