Breast augmentation, does this look infected? (photos)

Had surgery 25, November 2015 suture knot is practically yellow?

Infected?

From the pictures you  have posted it appears as though there is a small separation of the incision with an exposed suture knot. There does not appear to be signs of infection. This will heal with proper care. I recommend following up with your plastic surgeon to be evaluated. good luck and be patient.

regards,

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Breast wound infection

HI

Thanks for your question and pictures. Your wounds do not look infected from reviewing these images.
I am sure they will improve with dressings alone. You should see your PS for review of the wound

best wishes

Gerard Lambe, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Wound healing

Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear you are having some issues with your breast incision. It does not look like an infection to me on this picture. It seems like you have some minor wound separation, which happens from time to time with breast lift incisions like this. I would call your surgeon for his/her instructions on wound care. It should heal on its own. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Wound problem

Sometimes there are small open areas after surgery near the nipple. Usually they heal with time but you may need to follow up with your surgeon to see if there is a knot that can be trimmed 

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Does this look infected?

Hi, Eiriena
It seems like you have small wound dehiscence.
It does not look infected.
However, please follow up with you plastic surgeon to get his/her recommendation on the wound care.
Best regards.

Wound infection

It is difficult to tell from the photos, but it looks like early wound healing to me, not an overt infection.  But if you are concerned you need to see your plastic surgeon for further evaluation.

Breast Implant Scar Infection

It is difficult to tell with just a photograph, you should schedule a follow up with your surgeon as soon as possible for them to assess.

Breast augmentation, does this look infected?

It does not look infected to me. It appears to be a small dehiscence or separation of part of the incision. You should follow this up with your PS for local wound care. 

Breast augmentation recovery

You appear to have a small separation in your wound without obvious infection.  I recommend very close follow up with your surgeon to ensure proper wound care and to prevent the development of infection.

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz