Do I need more fat to get a Brazilian butt lift and if so how much? (Photo)

Do I need more fat to get a Brazilian butt lift and if so how much

Do I need more fat to get a Brazilian butt lift and if so how much?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures.

According to your photos, you have good body shape, the decision of whether you should or not gaining weight will depend on the objectives you want to achieve. This is the reason why the assessment in person with your board-certified plastic surgeon is so important.According with your pictures 

Hope to hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Thinner patients can still undergo the liposuction and fat transfer procedures with surgeons skilled at these procedures.

Lipo + BBL, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

In this regard, I recommend you waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Brazilian butt lift

Thank you for your question. It is hard to tell if you have enough fat for a BBL based on that photo. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon would be the best option to determine if you are a candidate for this procedure.  The amount of fat transferred  depends on the quantity available and the extent of buttock augmentation each patient desires.  Sufficient body fat for a buttock augmentation is very patient-specific, depending on an individual’s body shape and proportions as well as their expectations.  

Carolina Restrepo, MD
Colombia Plastic Surgeon

BBL

Thank you for your question and photograph.

If you have adequate fat pockets on your body for harvesting you would be a candidate for a BBL. The fat can be harvested from multiple areas on your body and injected into the buttocks to build it up and give you that curvier silhouette. Sometimes, this procedure needs to be staged to achieve your cosmetic goals because injecting too much fat at once can increase the chance of more fat cells not surviving. I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical evaluation done to see if you are a good candidate or not. When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks/hip area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely. I do not recommend patients gaining weight for this procedure. You should maintain a stable weight for at least 3-6 months prior to having the procedure done to obtain optimal results. If your weight fluctuates too much pre or post operatively, this can affect your results. If you do not have enough fat to achieve your cosmetic goals, I would consider buttock implants or the combination of fat grafting and buttock implants to achieve your goals. Best of luck!
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... As I can see you have a nice shape already, adding a couple of pounds will help you to get the results you're looking for. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

You are relatively thin so you are a good candidate for a moderate transfer. Seek a plastic surgeon that performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

It's not possible to tell from the one photo whether or not you have sufficient donor fat for a BBL. You should consult with a Board Certified PS with lots of experience performing BBL surgery. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

BBL

You would have to be seen in person to determine if you are a candidate for a Bbl and have enough fat for harvesting. It is difficult to say from the one photo.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I specialize in Brazilian Butt lifts and body contouring procedures.  The amount of enhancement possible depends on how much fat can be harvested from your body.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS