Botox after gastrocnemius resection?

Hi, I have previously had a partial resection of my gastroc muscle, and while the results are a big improvement I would still like to reduce in certain areas, in particular the lateral gastroc and also lower down. Is it safe to do this after a previous surgery? Thanks

Botox after gastrocnemius resection

You can use Botox to reduce the size of muscles on areas other than the face. It usually lasts between three and four months. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Botox in the calf

Thank you for your question Kate9600. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. It can also work to relax and reduce the size of other muscles such as the gastrocnemius muscle in the calf. Such injections are usually performed by neurologists. Please consult with a neurologist for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox after gastrocnemius resection

Thank you for asking about your Botox.
  • Yes, since Botox is temporary, it should be safe to have Botox injections.
  • Since too much Botox could affect your gait temporarily, I suggest starting in one area to see what dose is needed to get the result you want and use that dose as a guide when multiple areas are treated.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS