Will a biplaner breast augmentation suffice without a breast lift? (photos)

I am considering breast implants. The MD that I received a consultation from advised that I have some drooping and will most likely need a lift w/ small implant. I'm pretty against a lift, do not want a lollipop scar, and don't want to pay extra for one. He also advise that I may be OK with a biplaner BA as long as I chose 350 Cc or more. Would it be completely disadvantageous if I did not get a lift? Or, Would a biplaner suffice? Please Help!

Breast lift

I don't think a dual plane aug will correct your ptosis (droop). In my opinion, if you want to escape a lift you should put the implant on top of the muscle. If you are opposed to that you are going to have to accept the lift.

Will a biplaner breast augmentation suffice without a breast lift

I do not think a dual plane breast augmentation will correct the shape of your natural breast. More importantly, the implant alone will not reposition the nipple and areola. I think if you have the implant alone, the nipple will be in a less than desirable position.

Julio Garcia, MD

Implant only when needing a Breast Lift

It is OK to not do a breast lift when you have an augmentation even when you have moderate droop. You need t remember, however, that the droop will be at least as bad or worse. If this does not bother you, then there is no problem. The placement of the implant does not make any difference though placing it on top of the muscle may help some. The size of the implant also does not help, but only makes the droop look worse. 

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Dual plane augmentation

Looking at your side photo your nipple does not look as low as it does from front view. I have done many dual plane augmentations with your pre op appearance and obtained a very nice result, but the breast is not super perky. If I were your surgeon I would offer you a dual plane aug with the understanding that there is a small chance we may have to do a small lift at some point. Of the patients I have made this "deal" with so far I have not had to do any lifts. Sounds like your surgeon is at least considering this route. Discuss with him again. Good luck.

Breast augmentation mastopexy

Thank you for your question. You are really not a candidate for a breast augmentation without a lift. The degree of ptosis or droopiness is to severe. Although you will have scars from the lift, the scars usually fade nicely in time and the lift will provide a superior result. 

Will a biplaner breast augmentation suffice without a breast lift?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Based on your photographs you do have mammary ptosis and your nipple appears to be below the inframammary crease.  Most likely a dermal mastopexy or breast lift will be required in addition to breast implants.  To understand the risks of not having a breast lift please read the following link:

B A or lift + BA

I agree with you.  Depending on your height and weight, and if you can tolerate D or DD sized breasts, an augmentation alone will give you beautiful, well shaped breasts and compensate for the small amount of ptosis (droop) you have- without the scars and additional cost and risk to nipple viability.  Good luck!   I always listen to my patients, and I hear you and understand your concern

Paul Silverstein, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon