Am I too big for BBL? Will I have enough time to heal before going back to work?

Hi. I'm 5'9" and my weight fluctuates between 205 and 218 ( I'm a construction worker) so I'm at my heaviest during my lay off., I wanted a tummy tuck, however I decided to go with lipo first. So with that being said I'm going to get a bbl, but I do not want a huge fat transfer to my backside. I would really like to have this procedure done before I go back to work, which will probably be the beginning or middle of April.

Weight, liposuction and BBLs

Wait by itself is not a good indicator if someone is a candidate for either liposuction or a BBL.

Fat distribution has much more of an impact on the type of results that can be achieved.

Having liposuction or WeightLoss will make you a better candidate prior to an abdominoplasty.

Recovery time varies from person to person and also in regards The types of activities needed to be done.

Low impact day-to-day activities can usually be done within a week after liposuction.

A BBL well have its own set of restrictions because of limitations on sitting or laying on your back.

Most patients can engage in high impact physical activities two to three weeks after liposuction though this could take longer with high-volume aggressive liposuction.

While I don't recommend anyone rushing into surgery you should probably consider having your procedure done sooner rather than later if you need to be back to construction work in mid April.

It's generally wise to wait a minimum of six months after abdominal liposuction before pursuing a full abdominoplasty. The score tissue that forms underneath the skin answer the fat takes time to mature.

Immature scar tissue does not have the elasticity limiting how much skin can be removed during an abdominoplasty.

Once the scar tissue has matured the skin and fat will behave in a nice supple way allowing the best outcome from the abdominoplasty surgery.Best,

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

BBL

You can have it done before April if you go in for a consult ASAP.  I prefer to do the BBL first and then stage the tummy tuck. best of luck.

At your height and weight, you are not too large.  The key is to find a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed this thousands of times and has many reviews and before and after pictures.

Beverly Hills, CA

BBL

Hello, and thank you for your question.

I wish you had posted photos as it would make it easier to offer the most sound medical opinion.  Based on your height and weight as described, I do believe you would be a great candidate for a BBL.

You say you do not desire too much volume added or too great of a projection in the buttocks.  It will be very important for your surgeon to note your needs.  A great deal of liposculpting can be done to shape and mold your body (slimming and smoothing the waist, flattening the tummy and reducing back rolls for ex).  Then only a portion of the harvested fat may be used for your BBL-again if you want subtle results vs very large results.

Please see a board certified plastic surgeon as he/she can help guide you through this process one on one to ensure you get great results that you are satisfied with.

Having surgery soon is a good idea if you want to be 100 percent recovered by mid-April in order to return to work.

Dr. Obeng
Beverly Hills, CA 

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS