Belotero Absorption-Will the small amount of product used mean that it's absorbed quicker?

I had Belotero injected four weeks ago to the tear trough area (1/4 syringe maximum was used on each tear trough with cannula). Botox was also administered to the under eye area. Directly following treatment I noticed a small bag under my left eye and a wrinkle directly beneath it which remain today. I'm anxious that hyaluronidase will cause a sunken look or crepiness so would prefer to wait it out. 

Beloterod

The volume of product used should not affect how quickly it's absorbed. If it's been four weeks and you are still not pleased with the way it looks consider having it dissolved. Hyaluronidase should return you to your pre injection status. 

Hyaluronic acid fillers in the tear troughs

1/4 syringe in each trough is quite a bit of Belotero.

If it is still bothersome 4 weeks later, consider dissolution with Vitrase.

Best
Dr Karamanoukian

Injection of hyaluronidase after belotero under the eyes #belotero #fillers #fillersundertheyes

"bumps and lumps" can happen after injecting soft tissue fillers under the eyes (eg belotero) even if injected in small amounts.

When administration of hyaluronidase is recommended to address those filler related "bumps and lumps" there is a risk that the entire filler could be dissolved even if an small amount of enzyme is used.

Very often "bumps and lumps" after soft tissue filler injection is caused because temporary filler swelling. In these cases, the swelling will resolve after several days or few weeks, thus use of hyaluronidase might not be necessary. 

John Mesa, MD

Belotero Under the eyes

Belotero usually lasts around 6 months, plus or minus. You only had a small amount injected, so you'll probably see the affect wear off faster, but only because there was less in there to begin with, not because injecting less makes it go away faster. If you don't like the appearance of it, than it can be dissolved. I would wait a little bit, because it is common to form a small hematoma under the eyelids, so it would be a shame to dissolve it when it is just some extra blood that is causing the problem. The best advice would be to talk to your doctor that injected it. 

Dan Landmann, MD
Ridgewood Oculoplastic Surgeon

Belotero under Eyes

Belotero is a good product for the under the area but there are times if it is not injected properly it can cause lumps.  The injection can last up to 6 months so if you are unhappy you can have a small amount of Belotero injected.  Please consult with an expert in this delicate under eye area.  Best, Dr. Green

Combined use of Botox and Belotero to under eyes

Thank you for sharing your concerns. If the results of your treatment are unappealing to you, you do not need to worry. Belotero in the tear trough region lasts a few months as does Botox. Your appearance should return back to the original state in 4 months. Hyaluronidase will dissolve the Belotero quickly, but the Botox will remain. Good luck.