After my breast implants I have two open stitches / I have a really bad rash on my right breast. Will I be OKAY ? (photos)

I am a month Post Op from my breast implants with a lift , I noticed a string coming out of the inside of my left breast, I pulled it and two days after two stitches were open (pulled it out like 5 days ago) and this is how they look now. Will I be okay ? I want them to close :( I'm scared! Also I developed a huge rash on my right breast . My surgeon advice my to put like cold ice bag, and to apply NEOSPORIN on both breast. What other things can work ?? Does this happen often? Thanks

Breast Implants with Lift - Open Stitches and Rash?

This is the type of scenario that too often occurs when an implant and a lift are performed at the same time - particularly with larger implants. There is simply too much tension placed on the incisions to allow for satisfactory healing. The result is wound separation and widened unsatisfactory scars. The rash looks like borderline skin necrosis which hopefully at this point you have avoided, but there may be underlying fat necrosis. Another possibility is an allergic reaction to Neosporin which is actually quite common with prolonged use. Switching to another topic antibiotic might be a good option. You should ask your surgeon for options.

Spitting sutures

It is not uncommon in a mastopexy to have a suture or 2 Worked Their Way through the skin such that they present as a small ulcer. Once this  suture has been removed, I have had good success treating this open wound with silver nitrate which will accelerate its closing. The skin that your calling a rash can be due to several things. One is some type of cutaneous allergy and the other as a reaction to lack of blood flow from the lift. Either way, if you're my patient, I would treat this with a topical steroid. Go back to your operating plastic surgeon for advice. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

After my breast implants I have two open stitches / I have a really bad rash on my right breast. Will I be OKAY ?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well…
I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support. Have a great day!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD