Advice for Lower Face Rejuvenation? (photos)

Hello - I'm 52 years old and after losing 15 lbs have recently started to look my age when my face is at rest. I'm hoping not to have to go the facelift route but am willing to if other methods won't be as effective and long lasting. My lower face is the main problem. There are jowling issues, lines in the chin area as well as "lipstick" lines. I think my neck is okay but I would love a more defined jawline. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Facial Sagging After Weight Loss

I am in agreement with the other physicians but I would like to add the following:  In repose you look like a totally different person.  However, when you smile your cheeks looks fuller and the corners of your mouth have a nice upward tilt. Therefore I would recommend a procedure that would hopefully take you to a more lifted appearance: My recommendations would be as follows: 
  1. Cheek Neck Lift
  2. Micro-Fat injections to your cheeks ( this will help to restore some on your lost facial volume and secondarily lift your lower face and improve the lower eyelid cheek junction) 
  3. A laser resurfacing of your lower face would also give a nice even result to the wrinkles that you are noticing around your mouth and chin. 
Hope this helps and Good Luck.. 

Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

Facelift

The only effective, long term rejuvenation is a SMAS facelift, and Carbon Dioxide Resurfacing in the peri-oral and peri-orbital area.

You may encounter many machines and non invasive rejuvenation that are worthless and do nothing.

Lower facial rejuvenation

Dear 52 year old patient from NYC,

It seems like you are facing the same condition that many do as they age. Its the deeper changes in your jaw and face that are leading to the lower facial changes you see.

An easy approach would be with non surgical fillers to restore back the volume of your to your chin, jawline, lips and folds.

This would have minimal recovery and is my suggestion to try first.

I hope this was helpful. 

Adam Scheiner, MD
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower Face Rejuvenation

Hi and thank you for your question! In our practice, we would inquire if you are more interested in surgical or non-surgical intervention? We would likely offer you a consultation with both our surgeons and our physician extenders who do all of our non-surgical procedures. The most dramatic and long lasting change would come from a surgical intervention. However, if you were not prepared to go that route yet, we would suggest some fillers, neuromodulators, as well as Ultherapy and/or skin resurfacing. Best, Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Advice for Lower Face Rejuvenation

If you feel that your face does not reflect how young you feel inside, you may be a candidate for a facelift.
During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect. If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives.

Patients who desire facial rejuvenation that is affordable, quick, and effective should consider the Lite-lift™. Like the Life-Style™ facelift, this is a modified facelift that can be performed in the office with a local anesthetic and improve signs of aging around the neck, jawbone and lower face. These procedures are not "Thread-lifts" or "String-lifts". We do not use the "barbed" sutures employed in these other lifting operations. The Lite-lift™ uses longer lasting techniques that are discussed below. Because the incisions are limited, there is less bruising, swelling and healing time for most patients. Many patients can be back to work in one to two weeks looking rested and more youthful.

Minifacelift

Hi

As far as your jowls and neck go, a lifting procedure such as a lower facelift or mini-facelift can address those issues nicely. These procedures can be done under local anesthesia with minimal sedation. This reduces all risks associated with general anesthesia. Mini-facelift simply implies less surgical dissection which in turn results in less swelling and bruising and faster recovery. Most patients in my practice are candidates for either a lower facelift or mini- facelift procedure as I believe you are. The nasal - labial folds (fold between the nose and corner of your mouth) will not improve with any kind of facelift procedure. The best option for this are injectable fillers. Hope this helps. See the weblink below for more information.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS