Am I a candidate for a Facelift? (photos)

I am only 30, but within the past year, I have aged significantly and I'm not understanding why? I do a lot of stage performance and this is affecting a lot of my self confidence. I have severe wrinkles around my eyes, hallow cheeks, bags under my eyes, and thinning lips. How much would something like this cost to correct?

Candidate for a Facelift?

Based on your photos, you do not appear to be a facelift candidate. You may benefit from botox, dermal fillers, and/or laser resurfacing. Consult in person with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options. 

Consider Injectables or Eyelid Surgery, Not a Facelift

Your lower face and jawline seem to be quite youthful, so I don't think a facelift is for you. Given the specific issues you listed, I would suggest taking a closer look at other options: BOTOX to address the wrinkles around the eyes, fat injections or fillers for the lips and cheeks, and skin resurfacing for the bags under the eyes. If you are unsatisfied with the results of these nonsurgical treatments, then eyelid surgery may be a good step. Costs will vary based on which direction you decide to go, as well as how many treatments your surgeon or qualified injector deems necessary. You have a lot of good options to consider, and I think you'll be able to achieve a nice result without a facelift at this time. Thanks for your question.

Filler and botox

At 30yo, you are very young to have or need a neck lift but something more conservative may be far more appropriate. See a board certified surgeon in your area with an expertise in aesthetic surgery for more information. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Palstic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Skin quality, not age, is the primary factor when determining if someone is a facelift candidate.

Skin quality, not age, is the primary factor when determining if someone is a facelift candidate. That being said, very rarely do 30 year olds have enough skin laxity to warrant a facelift. From the concerns you describe, it sounds like you would be better off looking into Botox and facial fillers to correct your wrinkles and volume loss respectively. Fillers can be a great choice to correct volume loss in cheeks, temples, jawline, and lips. Botox or Dysport is the best first step for correcting crow’s feet wrinkles in the corners of the eyes. You may benfit from medical grade skin care to improve to overall quality of your skin. Visit a board-certified facial plastic surgeon for an in-person consultation to determine which procedures will be best and the cost for your treatment plan.

Liquid Facelift at 30

You don't appear to need a formal facelift with the associated scars; 30-years-old would certainly be on the young side for this type of surgery. 

Instead, I would focus on addressing the areas that you are bothered by. Crow's feet and wrinkles can be improved with botulinum toxin. Hollows under the eyes can be improved with facial fillers (hyaluronic acid). You could consider adding sculptra to your mid face to address the cheek areas you referenced. 

Meet with a plastic surgeon and discuss the areas of concern. I would also recommend getting started on a good skin care regimen at this point. 

Ashley B. Robey, MD

Candidate for facelift?

For crowsfeet botox would be a great option to soften the lines. For hollowness under your eyes I suggest filler, and the same for your lips. Filler would be a great option. All of these things can be done in office. best of luck to you. 

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Fillers not a facelift and age 30.

You have a useful attractive face with no indication for a facelift. The nasolabial folds are easily treated with filler. There is a tear trough shadow that's also easily treated with filler. Cost of treatment will be several hundred dollars depending on the amount of product used.

Faclift

Thank you for your question, vanative. I agree with the previous posts in that you are an ideal candidate for less invasive procedures that address the wrinkling around your eyes, the hallow cheeks, the bags under your eyes and thinning lips. These can be remedied through fillers, and I suggest you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to learn more.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers

Based on your goals, you may want to consider a dermal filler. Temporary dermal fillers may provide you with your desired results with minimal discomfort and recovery times.

I recommend you book a consultation with a qualified injector, to ensure you're a good candidate for this procedure.

Take care.

Noninvasive facelift options

I agree with others in that he seem much too young for a surgical facelift more importantly, not just the age, but your facial aging changes are very mild. You're the perfect candidate for less invasive options, and yp advance to the surgical maneuvers would be much too early, too soon. He would do well with fillers such as Voluma. As well, noninvasive laser skin tightening can provide the subtle effects to address your subtle signs of aging. If anyone advises a mini facelift or other surgical options for you, I would be quite leery and seek another opinion.
Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon