6 mths post FUE. Noticed on occasion this falling off.Crust w/ tiny hair or 2 attached to it. Am I losing grafts? (photo)

I'm almost 6 month post hairtranplant op. I have been noticing these crusts/scabs don't know what to call them really, fall off attached to a small hair maybe two. Is this normal? should I be concerned?Thank you for your time.

Scabs with Hair

You should go see your doctor. Any sort of crusts, etc. should be not be present on your head past a few weeks. At 6 months they should be long gone- it can't really determined what may be causing this without a picture of your head or, better yet, and in person examination.

Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you are seeing large chunks of dried up tissue that look like hair grafts it may be grafts that never "took".

If you are seeing large chunks of dried up tissue that look like hair grafts it may be grafts that never "took".  It may also be just scabs.  If you are concerned it is best to follow up with your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

6 months

Crusts that remain after six months reflects poor washing. Use a shampoo and a conditioner and leave it on your head 5-10 minutes and these old crusts will come off. This is not real hair

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon