35 years old, want to improve lower face (Photo)

I am 35 years old, I want to improve my lower face. I dont like my profile and in the last couple of years my cheeks have dropped and I have a double Chin and more visable nasiolabial foldes. I have looked at mini face lift, removal of Buccal fat, Chin implant, lipo of double chin and so on... I would highly appreciated it if somebody could give me som advice.

Facial contour improvement age 35 female.

A face to face evaluation would be most helpful however from your photos I would definitely be thinking of submental liposuction combined with a chin implant in addition to BFP removal.  Fat grafts or HA fillers to your cheeks (malar eminence) and nasolabials should also be considered.  Regards,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Recommendations for improving facial shape and proportions

Thank you for your question and for including a complete set of photos. I think there would be a very significant improvement in your jaw-line and overall facial proportions with a chin implants and some submental liposuction. An HA filler in the malar area may or may not be a nice complement as well.

Owen Reid, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

chin implant and neck liposuction

The photographs demonstrate fatty deposits in the neck and a weak chin profile. A chin implant can be placed through a small incision underneath the chin to get more projection to the mandible to help a facial balance and proportions, especially from the side profile. Fatty deposits in the neck can be removed with liposuction at the same time. Both procedures can be performed under local anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

35 years old, want to improve lower face

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  From the photos your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), there is a small amount of excess fat in the lower face, jowls are present and the chin is weak.  These factors combine to create an elongated, oval shaped face. 

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  I would combine liposuction to reduce the excess fat.

When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

"Jowls” are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions and no incisions that extend or are placed within the hair.
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.

Cheek and chin lift

A face to face consultation or pictures would be best.  Based on the limited pictures and your story, you might consider a Thermi of the neck (tightens the skin, as well as dissolves the fat) and a chin implant for the neck.  I like an endotine mid-face lift, which has to be performed properly to get the best result, for lifting the cheek.

Gregory S. Keller, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Facial Plastic Surgeon