3 weeks after Restylane, Should I massage and wait a little more? (photos)

I had restylane 3 weeks ago and now the left eye is irregular with a localized accumulation of restylane. Should i massage and wait a litle more? Thank you

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

If you are unhappy with the filler this can be reversed with hyaluronidase to the area treated.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lump after Restylane Injection

You have three options

1)add a little more to balanced out the irregularity

2)Do nothing and wait . It will decrease over time

3)Use an enzyme such as hyalurodinase to locally dissolve the lump

I would check with your injector to decide which is the best option

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Issues with Under Eye Filler

We would never advise our patients to do any kind of self-massage on treated areas. Rather, I would advise you to go back to the doctor who performed the procedure initially and they can discuss your options with you, whether it be massaging the area, adding additional filler or dissolving some of the existing filler using hylauronidase. It is always best to leave matters like this in the hands of a trained professional so as not to inflict any damage to the area. 

Dennis Gross, MD