I'm getting on a 3 hour flight back home after my Brazilian Butt Lift 3 days after surgery. Is that a problem?

Flying after BBL

Thank you for your question. I agree that this is usually not recommended. Particularly, just being treated you do not want to risk killing the fat that has just been transferred. Best of luck!Dhaval M. Patel Double board certified Plastic surgeon Hoffman Estates Barrington Oakbrook Chicago

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Flying after surgery

Flying after surgical procedures is not recommended. Patience to do it but there are some disadvantages. The disadvantages include lack of access to postoperative care, putting pressure on the treated area which can affect the long-term result of the Brazilian, potentially increase the risk of developing blood clots. This is something you should discuss with your plastic surgeon. He or she can advise you what is appropriate and recommended. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Flying and Sitting after BBL

BBL involves placing fat into certain areas of the buttocks to increase roundness and projection. The final result depends on multiple factors but most critical is how much of the transferred fat ultimately survives and remains where it was placed. For this reason many surgeons caution against sitting or even lying on the freshly grafted butt for as kind as 2-4 weeks after surgery. These activities are associated with shear forces which may pull and destroy the new fat cells or with compression which obliterates blood flow and oxygen delivery to the graft resulting in cell death and loss of volume. To preserve volume you should delay prolonged compression on the butt for as long as possible. Flying away for a BBL and ending up with an average or a poor result makes no sense. 
Dr. Peter A. Aldea

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon