2 months after having Silk injections in my lips, I still have bumps. Is this residual product? (photo)

I had silk injected into my upper lip two months ago and I have blister like bumps inside my lip. I went back and she said they looked vascular and could be resididual product. But everything I have read says it should not last this long.

Restylane Silk/Lips/Tear Troughs/ Liquid Face Lift/Hyaluronic Acid

I appreciate your question.

This can be from the filler and can be dissolved with hyaluronidase.  I would recommend that you follow up with your injecting MD to discuss your concerns.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Bumps 2 months after Silk

These bumps are most likely residual product. It can be dissolved with hyaluronidase easily. It is unusual for this to happen with Silk because it is such a small particle size. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lumpy After Restylane--Reverse with Hyaluronidase

This can be from the filler. It can be reversed with Hyaluronidase injections and a different technique can be used next time. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Restylane Silk Lips...

Thank you for your question.  That is an unusual area to get particulate bumps from a lip injection.  When did they arise?  How long after the Silk was placed?  Any other symptoms?  Please follow up with your board certified Dermatologist for further evaluation and management.  If there are indeed bumps from filer they should easily be dissolved with dilute hyaluronidase.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Silk bumps?

Hi and thanks for this question. Silk is a very fine form of HA and is the least likely to create bumps, but it is not impossible. It's also possible that if product from a previous injection if this is not your first time. If you feel there's product in the lips and its bothering you consider an enzyme (hyaluronidase) to take it away. Speak with your injector again about your options. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD