My right breast started moving towards my armpit, deformed, and sagging. Is it possible a rupture or displacement? (photos)

My right breast started moving towards my armpit, deform a little and sag a little bit. Breast and armpit area had a burning sensation as well as a numb tingley feeling in my arm. when I push on my breast the implant moves around and Feels funny. it felt better when I went to sleep and was laying down. What could be wrong?

Breast implant started to move to the armpit.

Breast implants do not move after the first 6 weeks of surgery. After the first 6 weeks a capsule forms the implant that keeps it in place. The capsule keeps it therefore in place for years.

For the breast implant to move therefore there must be a change at the level of your inner breast implant capsule.

It is possible you may have developed an early form of capsule contracture.

Even in the case of contracture or displacement a successful revision can be curative.

Just like any other type of medicine you need to be re-evaluated as soon as possible by any expert in the field.

I am glad I was available to offer you to this valuable information.

About Breast Implant Lateral Displacement

During breast implant surgery a #pocket is created carefully to maintain certain folds on the sides and bottom of the breast. Occasionally, the space for the breast implant becomes too large on the #side of the chest or the tissue stretches and the implants fall too much to the side. This is most easily seen when the patient is lying on her back. At times, the implants can move towards the patient’s armpit.

Treatment will generally require closing the space with a procedure called a #capsulorrhaphy. In this case, the capsule is closed off internally much as we do when we are trying to raise the breast fold. The capsule is closed with sutures and at times Acellular Dermis Matrix (#ADM) or other soft tissue substitutes would be used to further support this correction. 
However, it is best to consult with your Plastic Surgeon to better determine with an in-person exam.

See your surgeon just in case it's capsular contracture

Please see your surgeon as it may be possible that you have developed capsular contracture. Best of luck.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Breast implant deflation

Yes, if you have a saline implant, you could be having a deflation. If you see more ripples, this is another sign.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Right breast is sagging, burning, numb and deformed. What could it be?

Thanks for your question!  The best person to answer all of these questions is your plastic surgeon.  He or she has full knowledge of your breasts before and after surgery.  I would advise calling the office and setting up an appointment.  Good luck!

Brian K. Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

Breast changed

Thank you for the photos and questions but you really need to be seen and evaluated to determine what is going on

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

New changes

Without knowing when your surgery was, what kind of implants you have and over what time these changes have appeared, it is difficult to give meaningful advice here. Suffice it to say, you should see and be examined by your surgeon and ask him/her these questions.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

The right breast implant moving towards arm pit

Thank you for your question.  If these symptoms just started recently you need to see your plastic surgeon for an examination and diagnosis.  The possibilities include expansion or tearing of the implant capsule or possibly implant rupture.  In either case you need an examination and diagnosis.