Feeling of sunburn on breast while healing after breast lift?

I'm three post breast lift no implants. My breast feel like they have a sun Bryan when my bra rubs or I touch them is this normal?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Post op breast lift

you are possibly feeling the return of sensation to your breasts. The more you wear clothing this hypersensitivity should diminish over time. 

Susan Kaweski, MD

Burning feeling after surgery

Thank you for your question.  Yes, it is normal to have a burning sensation in your breasts after you have breast surgery.  You may also start to feel sharp shooting pains and some other sensations as well.  It should not last for more than a few months if even that long.  Make sure to follow up with your surgeon for your regular check ups to make sure everything else is going well.  congratulations on your surgery.
Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Recovery After Breast Lift

It does sound normal, but I would make sure your plastic surgeon evaluates things to make sure you are healing properly.If it looks like your incision are healing well, then the sensation you are describing is commonly related to the nerves and it will resolve over time.Good luck.Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD