Will my stomach flatten out with more time? (photos)

I had liposuction in my abs done about 6 weeks ago.I have been wearing my compression garment everyday 24/7.I have lost weight since the surgery as per my plastic surgeon's request,but still feel like I have cottage cheese in my middle stomach area.I am 36 years old and a mother of four.I was wondering if this is still part of the healing and if they will flatten out ? Is this common in the healing ?

Liposuction result of concern in a mother of 4

you are still swollen and things will improve But you probably will have some loose skin and your stomach is unlikely to be flatAfter 4 children, a tummy tuck is needed to repair your stomachLiposuction can reduce the fat but doesn't correct the damaged skin and muscle from pregnancyWait five months then discuss a tummy tuck with your board certified plastic surgeon

Tummy Tuck

You result is still early.  Liposuction does tighten skin some but the amount of loose skin you have around your waistline may need surgery to correct such as a tummy tuck, if that is your goal.You will have a better idea of how flat your timmy will be in about 6 months.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Lipo 6 weeks ago

At 6 weeks you are still healing and may feel a bit lumpy. The swelling should resolve over the next several months.  At that time you can re-evaluate the skin.

Liposuction

Aggressive liposuction can lead to some skin irregularities. Massage is a good option to help smooth out the skin; however, you may eventually benefit from a tummy tuck to remove excess skin and smooth out your abdominal wall.  Best wishes, Dr. T.

Liposuction versus tummy tuck

Liposuction is a great way to get rid of excess fat but it does have its limitations. Excess skin and the separation of your ab muscles common after multiple pregnancies cannot be fixed with liposuction. A tummy tuck can get rid of excess skin, fat and also bring the ab muscles closer together and narrow the waist. Best of luck, TMM

Liposuction result

After four children, I am compelled to wonder whether you were more suited to an abdominoplasty.  Although you have more healing to achieve, liposuction would have no effect on weak musculature and has definite limitations as to excess skin. Congratulations on the weight loss!