Juvederm vs. Restylane?

I'm curious which is better for the lines around the mouth. Juvederm or Restylane? Which lasts longer?

Juvederm, Restylane, and other options

Juvederm and Restylane are very similar products. Both have similar properties and last about the same amount of time. Products like Belotero and Restylane Silk have different properties that make them uniquely suited to treat some lines around the mouth and the lips. In my experience, lines around the mouth do much better with a combination approach, utilizing neuromodulators such as Botox or Dysport and possibly laser resurfacing. Get the most for your time and effort by speaking in person with an experienced board certified cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Allergan and Galderma's Best Fillers!

JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel is for injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.
JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC is best  for injection into the lips and perioral area for lip augmentation and upper lip lines.

Restylane Silk is unique by its silky formulation of hyaluronic acid that will allow a subtle enhancement of lips and lip lines SILK allows a skilled provider to precisely shape and define lips for a natural effect.

#fillerchoices   #RestylanevsJuvederm   #JuvedermvsRestylane

I would go with Juvederm

If you came to me as a patient and we were speaking on general terms, I would definitely tell you that Juvederm was the best out of the two for many reasons. One, because it causes less puffiness for the first few days after treatment and is also slightly smoother. It is meant for what you want, which is the lines around the mouth. 

I can't state with certainty how long it would last, however, it should really last about a year or more. Ultimately, it depends on what area is treated and the surgeon you choose. Experience is a major factor when considering the effectiveness of the results. Some patients say the results lasted not long, others a bit longer. Since Juvederm is a thicker filler, you can expect it to last long.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Juvederm vs. Restylane

The new Restylane Silk® is considered the best filler for lip lines, with results lasting greater than 6 months.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Fillers

These are both hyaluronic acid fillers. Both of these products are very effective and safe for this indication. The most important thing is to find an experienced injector. Clinicians have different preferences for treating different areas. As long as you go to a qualified injector, you should get good results regardless which product is used.

Kenneth E. Morgenstern, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm versus Restylane

Both Juvederm and Restylane are HA's (hyaluronic acid derived products) with similar indications.  The difference between the two products is injector preference and patient preference.  

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best filler around the mouth is Restylane Silk

Restylane Silk is the only filler that is FDA approved for the lips and perioral area. It is a finer particle size than Restylane and creates a soft, natural correction. It will be widely available in near future. It requires a slightly different technique and swells a little more than other fillers. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm vs restylane

These are both Hyaluronic acid products.  Juvederm is a little more hydrophilic - which means it attracts more water to the area - so will get a little more swelling with this.  So I prefer this for areas which need more filling.  Both are great products and if you go to an experienced injector they will know what to use on you depending on your lines.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fine Lines Around The Mouth Respond Well To A Combination Of Belotero, Restylane & Juvederm

Actually, the particular choice or combination of fillers for treating fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth depends upon the specific type(s) of problems present. Crepey, crinkly skin around the lips, for example, can be inflated by the use of small amounts of Juvederm Ultra XC, which is a smooth flowing product that can help straighten the background creypyness. Restylane L, which has a somewhat better lifting ability, would be my selection for deeper, vertical lipstick bleeding lines and Belotero Balance, which has little or no tendency to give rise to the unwanted, bluish Tyndall Effect when injected superficially within delicate tissues, would be my agent of choice for very fine, etched-in lines. (The foregoing would be my combo of choice in my Upper East Side Manhattan practice, while Restylane Skin Boosters, Princess Filler, and Teosyal Redensity II, respectively, would be my choices in my Israel satellite facility,where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved fillers and volumizers are available). Consultation with a board certified aesthetic core physician is strongly advised to help to decide what is actually best for you.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Choosing Best Filler around the mouth

Both Restylane and Juvederm work very well around the mouth.  The depth of the wrinkle and the type of skin usually have are what dictates the type of filler chosen.  Juvederm tends to last a little longer but should not be the main reason to choose this product.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with facial fillers for the best cosmetic results.