I want to have a tummy tuck and breast lift 4 months post c-section? Already back to my regular weight of 118lbs and I'm 5'1''.

I have diastasis recti and large amount of scar tissue from a myomectomy and a previous C-Section. Will it be okay to have the tummy tuck after 4 months and will they fix my diastasis recti at the same time?

Timing of tummy tuck and breast lift following C- section

If you are back down to your pre- pregnancy weight and if you have stopped breast feeding and are no longer lactating (and your breast volume has stabilized and no longer involuting) and your C- section scar has healed adequately, then you MAY be ready for a tummy tuck and breast lift.  Everyone heals at a different rate and every plastic surgeon has their own preference as far as how long they would want you to wait but will they will take all those things into consideration.  I have had my patients wait on average 6 months or so but some may heal quicker and be ready sooner and some may need more time for those things to occur.  I think you are at least ready to see some board certified plastic surgeons for consultation for a good examination to see if you are ready.  Also, the good news is diastasis recti can usually be repaired at the same time as your tummy tuck.  Best wishes.

I think you can probably get consultations for surgery at this time.

Tummy tuck and lift

If you are back to your pre pregnancy weight and your breasts have involuted, then perhaps at 4-6 months you might be ready. Best of luck.

6 months

Congratulations on getting back to your pre-pregnancy weight so quickly! That’s pretty impressive. 

Typically, women should wait at least 6 months after giving birth before considering cosmetic surgery. This allows the body to recover from the experience. If you also want breast surgery, it’s important that you wait at least 6 months after you stop breastfeeding as well. This is a conservative estimate.

Tummy tuck and Breast lift timing

Timing of tummy tuck and Breast lift after pregnancy is usually 3-6 months.  Being back to your usual weight is important.  One needs to have stopped breast feeding for several months.  Diastasis recti repair is part of a standard Abdominoplasty. 

Mommy makeover 4 months post C-section

Hi,

It may be too soon to have your MM. It is best to allow your body to heal itself and return to its pre pregnancy state before moving forward with drastic body contouring procedures. If you move forward too soon, you may encounter unfavorable complications that will delay achieving your desired results. Please be patient. Diastasis recti will be addressed with your full TT procedure. Once your breasts are no longer lactating, you may want to consider The Horndeski Method breast lift that does not require the vertical incision nor breast implants to achieve upper pole fullness. Breasts are elevated and reshaped without using any foreign material. Nipple sensitivity is preserved, longevity of lift is ensured by anchoring breasts to your muscles, minimal scarring provides improved aesthetics and cleavage is restored without the risks and complications associated with breast implants. I hope this helps. 

Best wishes and kind regards, 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck after pregnancy

Thank you for your question. If the patient had a recent pregnancy, I would recommend to wait a minimum of 6 months (for breastfeeding, 9 months from the time the patient stops producing milk).  A full tummy tuck will repair the diastasis recti which can be done at the same time.  I recommend consulting with your board certified plastic surgeon for further individualized advice.

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck after C-section

Thank you for your question.  In general, 4-6 months after delivery is the amount of time needed for the physical changes associated with pregnancy to normalize.  Losing weight after childbirth is often challenging, especially when coping with all the life changes that come with a new baby.  I recommend waiting until you are down to a comfortable and stable weight.  Repairing a rectus diastasis is a standard part of the abdominoplasty procedure

Brian A. Pinsky, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

You sound like a good candidate for tummy tuck. Once your body has returned to "baseline" you are a candidate for surgery.Usually that would be about 6 months post delivery. Some patients recover sooner some later. Good luck and be sure to undergo surgery by a board certified plastic surgeon.

4 mths after c-section

Congratulations. I normally wait at least 6 months after a pregnancy before undergoing surgery, but if you are already back to your normal weight you are probably OK. However if you are breast feeding or expressing milk, then you should wait at least 3 months (and again ideally 6 months) until you stop producing milk before having any breast surgery.

Anthony Barabas, MBBS
Cambridge Plastic Surgeon