I had a FUE Beard Transplant on 3/14/2016 When can I smoke a cigar?

I had a FUE Beard Transplant on 3/14/2016 it is now October 1, 2016 so it's been about 6 Months and a half already since my transplant will it be ok to smoke a cigar? or wait awhile longer? Thank you

Smoking after hair transplant

The main concern about smoking after hair transplant is the nicotine and the fact that it restricts blood flow. 

After 6 months you will be fine to have a cigar, as the transplanted hairs have or should have started to grow in and are now not going to be drastically affected by the restriction in blood flow.  

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen. You may want to ask your doctor why you were instructed not to smoke for 6 months.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

5 months following beard transplant

At this point in time, if your doctor agrees, you can resume all of your normal activities including smoking

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon