Safe to Do Watersports 1 Year After Rhinoplasty?

It has been 1 year since my rhinoplasty procedure. Can i jump into water from heights and do watersports without damaging nose? after 1 year can I do anything that i use to do prior to surgery?

Absolutely fine to do watersports after 1 year post rhinoplasty

In general, it is absolutely safe to swim or do watersports one year after a rhinoplasty. After the surgery, it may take a few months for the nose to heal enough to participate in watersports–and about nine months to one year to fully settle into its new shape. Of course, there is a risk that the nose can be injured in sports like water polo, so it is best to be careful. But the nose should be back to normal.

No water-sport restrictions 1 year after rhinoplasty

It is certainly acceptable to have any type of sporting activity one year after the rhinoplasty. You can certainly jump into water from heights and do any type of water sports without any restrictions.

Nasal Trauma 1 Year after Rhinoplasty

Nasal injury is possible now, the same as it was before your surgery. You have been careful over the last year; now have fun and resume your normal activities. Life does not stop after rhinoplasty. Enjoy!

Watersports one year following rhinoplasty

One year after is ok, everything is healed by that point. I usually recommend a minimum of 6 months of refraining from activities where there may be potential contact. However, it is important to be careful when you are engaging in any activities that put your nose at risk for trauma, as this may alter the affects of your surgery. Hope this helps answer your question. Thank you and best of luck to you.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Watersports 1 year after rhinoplasty

If you were my patient YES! But you are not PLEASE call your surgeon for his advise. It is always best to follow the operating surgeon's protocol.

From MIAMI DR. B