Do I need a breast lift as well as augmentation? (Photo)

I'm a 23 year old woman, I have had 3 children (the youngest is 2). I am planning to get breast implants within the next few weeks. I have had multiple consultations with different doctors and sent them these pictures (consults over email, as I am interstate) and they're giving me different advice, some saying I will benefit from a lift and others say it is not needed. I am looking for more upper pole and a little less sag. Thanks.

Even After Multiple Pregnancies, A Breast Lift Is Not Always Indicated

Kudos to you for sending pictures that actually allow a reasonable assessment of your breasts to be made! Although the usual caveats need to be made that a definitive surgical plan for you can only be made after evaluating your, anatomy, assessing the quality of your skin and breast tissue, and getting a better idea of what your goals and expectations are, including the degree of upper pole fullness you would deem acceptable, it does appear from the photographs you included with your question that you may be able to achieve what you want by breast augmentation alone, without a formal breast lift. 

Do I need a breast lift as well as augmentation?

it depends on what you are trying to achieve. you could do either. an in person discussion is better than an online format.

Breast augmentation

You would get a great result with breast augmentation alone. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure to express your goals and expectations to your chosen surgeon. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes
Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift with augmentation such as silicone implants, you will get very nice results, contact a board certified plastic surgeon, hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

In person evaluation

Honestly, without an in person evaluation, it is impossible to give you an accurate recommendation. It will probably come down to you having to decide what you are willing to live with -- a bit of sage and no scars or no sag and scars. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Implants only

Looking at your pictures, you are an almost perfect candidate for breast augmentation. No need for an uplift.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation alone or Aug/pexy

I believe you are an excellent candidate for augmentation alone. Given your age, your pregnancy history and the photographs provided I think you will get a very pretty result with BA. I congratulate you on getting a number of opinions ahead of time but I agree that it is really important to have a "hands on" face to face consultation and openly discuss your goals with a board certified plastic surgeon before proceding with surgery. The best operation ultimately depends on your expectations. You have pretty breasts that have actually fared very well after 3 pregnancies. The appear "deflated" but you still have good nipple position. Best of luck to you. 

Mary Gingrass, MD

Hi ,

You are a great candidate for a good breast surgery with or with out implants.If in general one is not looking for augmentation than you must control your expectations and be realistic that the surgeon has to just place the hanging tissue correctly with minimal scaring.

However if you allow him some augmentation than (looking at the pictures alone) my suggestion in Dubai would be where my practice is to go for reduction of nipple areola complex since it looks too large and from the same since incision one can place and implant and do a circumferential breast lift.
In this way you can combine 3 surgeries in one and this will give you the result that perhaps you are looking for.

Do I need a breast lift as well as augmentation

I think an implant alone will give your breast a rounder fullness and the lift can be avoided. In time, you might sag and then a lift can be done, but that can be years down the road.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast augmentation

Thanks for posting your photos. Depending on what size you are aiming for, you look like a good candidate for breast augmentation only. This would give you upper pole fullness & a small amount of lift. Most of your breast tissue is above your inframammary fold, which is ideal. It may be that you'll need a lift in a few years, but only time will tell. You're best option is to have an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon nearby rather than interstate, where you can also see 3D imaging of how your body would look with different sizes & styles of implants. All the best. 

Kim Taylor, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon